Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
any progress on the piclops project?
The scanner itself is done, and I'm reasonably happy with everything except the ability to adjust the camera position; the way I did the attachment for the camera box to the tower doesn't provide for much 'wiggle room'. It works for me, but I don't think that it's a great answer. There is at least one other camera tower design being worked on by Faan Pretorius; he's posting about it periodically in the ATLAS Google+ group. He also raised the turntable and camera platform to allow use of a 48 mm tall stepper, which are a lot easier to find.

My current project is setting up proper lighting for the scanner. I'm working with Adafruit DotStar addressable LEDs, with the goal of having the Pi control them to provide approximately constant lighting regardless of how the ambient light changes in the room. I have a test rig set up with another Pi and I'm working out the kinks now. I did notice that someone published a Ciclop LED light bracket on Thingiverse recently, which looks like it would work very well with the LEDs I'm using. I'll probably end up with some on each laser arm and another few on the camera tower itself, and a light sensor under the edge of the turntable facing back towards the camera.