Close

3D Systems' CocoJet 3D Printer

From projects by the Culinary Institute of America to the Hershey Company's display at their Pennsylvania headquarters, 3D printing technology is quickly making inroads into the kitchens and restaurants around the world. The latest announcements from 3D Systems, that they plan to feature their ChefJet Pro and CocoJet culinary 3D printers at this CES show, is an indication that the methods and processes are certain to find a place in the world of gastronomy. If you want to read the whole story, you can check it out here: http://3dprint.com/35081/culinary-printing-3d-systems/

Below is a photo of a the CocoJet 3D Printer:

Engineer-in-Training
    Is that going to be a day's run time to make one cake's worth of decorations?

Student
    It's certainly interesting looking and was a nice surprise to see running at the show. I haven't dumped my camera to my computer yet, but I have quite a few pictures and videos of it in operation.

I talked to the 3DS rep at the show, and she said that the goal is to eliminate the fans protruding from the sides in the final version. The fans will definitely need to be there, but they're hoping to make them lower profile than they are now.