Close

ROBO 3D - R2, R MEGA & R Mini 3D Printers

ROBO 3D has just unveiled three new 3D printers, which will be on display at International CES in Las Vegas this week. The printers will

expand ROBO 3D's reach and provide consumers with a decent selection. Additional details on these machines here:

http://3dprint.com/34854/robo-3d-ces-2015/ Below are the three new machines with some of their geneeral spec:

R2 3D Printer
    10x10x10" build volume
    Dual nozzles
    Ability to print with multiple materials via its metal hotends
    Full color/graphic touch LCD screen
    Nearly fully enclosed build chamber
    Wifi enabled

The R MEGA 3D Printer
    39x39x39" build volume
    Dual nozzles
    Wifi enabled

The R Mini 3D Printer
    4.5x4.5x4.5" build volume
    Single nozzle

The company has also introduced Spectrom, a full color single extruder system capable of printing multiple colors, to their customers. Below

Here is a picture of the new machines:

Engineer
    10k for mega seems too much.. its not much more expensive to have a large printer vs a smaller one

love the mini! Would like to grab one of these hope the pricing of 400 is correct! I figured they would release more details today but still havent heard or seen much of the new printers.

The 39"x39"x39" of the mega is certainly impressive. But who's printing anything that large? How many days to print?
    12x12x12 seems a realistic maximum for 99.999% of all prints

Engineer
    i have seen large printers like that in person. they usually require big massive spools of filament. 3-5kg or so and have around a 1mm nozzle. i could see $10k for such a machine. expensive yes but as you scale up the cost of hardware components goes through the roof.

Engineer
    Too bad the 1m cube cost that much, I ave several design intended for these huge enveloppe. Also I would have modded the nozzle to 1mm+

These units look really nice, the feature set is impressive and I like that it's an enclosed unit as I'd assume I can hook up some sort of exhaust conduit to it. However based on my experience with my R1, I'd be hard pressed to shell out twice the money for their new unit. It's a nice looking unit, I just don't trust that the quality is suddenly there because it costs more and is the new version. They had plenty of time between their kickstarter and the time I bought mine retail to iron out the kinds but it still is kind of lacking, has quality parts issues and they clearly have factory assembly qa issues. Their customer service is getting better but it was very very bad at first.

I assume the $10K mega is a built on demand sort of thing. Gives them a chance to get into the professional market so I think it's smart for them to cater to both.

I do like to hear that they are going to be actively supporting new upgrades for the R1.

I agree with ssshake. There's no way their sub sub sub par quality assurance and support has improved enough for any of these offerings to be worth it.