Close

Making Molecule Activity more Transparent via 3D Printing

Biologists Arthur Olson and Ron Zuckerman are using 3D printed models to demonstrate how molecules operate and assemble themselves. The scientists say 2D representations of such interactions tend to be inaccurate and misrepresent the actual functions involved, so they use the models to give students and fellow researchers a more complete picture of the mechanics involved. Zuckerman's "peppytides" present an educational model of molecular science. For the whole story of how these kinds of models are impacting the scientific community, you can read the entire article here: http://3dprint.com/34181/peppytides-and-3d-printing/

Below is a photo of Zuckerman with one of his 3D printed "peppytides":

wrong information about Peppytides

This post is giving very wrong information.

You CAN NOT say Zuckermann's peppytide!

As it has been done in any other article about Peppytides for last few years, I am the first and primary contributor and the initiator of Peppytides.

Peppytide is my work and the basis for my company. And of course I have to stop any wrong information spreading in the Internet that harms the reputation of my company.

If you need more information about Peppytides, you can contact www.quezylab.com.

[QUOTE=Brian_Krassenstein;42423]Biologists Arthur Olson and Ron Zuckerman are using 3D printed models to demonstrate how molecules operate and assemble themselves. The scientists say 2D representations of such interactions tend to be inaccurate and misrepresent the actual functions involved, so they use the models to give students and fellow researchers a more complete picture of the mechanics involved. Zuckerman's "peppytides" present an educational model of molecular science. For the whole story of how these kinds of models are impacting the scientific community, you can read the entire article here:
    [QUOTE]

Peppytides and 3D printing

This article should also give credit to P. Chakraborty

http://www.slideshare.net/promitac/a...ypeptide-chain
    Last edited by promita; 02-22-2015 at 05:35 AM.