Close

Awesome 3D Printed Rubber Band Guns

The rubber band gun has undergone some modification from a Thingiverse design by Gavilan Steinman, who wanted to use his making skills to design a 3D printed gift of his own in an attempt to break away from the consumerism of the holidays. With a streamlined, fully functional design, he is able to knock down his targets one by one in the provided video. Nigel Johnson, a maker in the UK, investigated this design and then took simplicity a notch further by removing all the hardware and shortening the barrel for this pared down 3D printed rubber band gun. Check out their processes: http://3dprint.com/33142/thingiverse-rubberband-guns/

Let us know if you have decided to 3D print and assemble one of these two designs. Below is a photo of Nigel Johnson's simplified rubber band gun:

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

OME

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

OME
    Just think of the escalation, you pull the rubber band gun, the other guy pulls a spitball blowpipe, a spud cannon follows and before you know it it's WWIII and the only thing surviving is cockroaches and Keith Richards.

Oh! The Humanity!

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I sense a Chuck Norris meme involving 3d printing coming up.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well I downloaded the files.
    Trying to work out if it'll take the rubber bands the postie leaves all over the pavement before printing one :-)

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    I remember an gatlin style rubber band gun from my youth that my parent's (probably rightly so) never allowed me to have. This would a fun one to print.

Something Like this!

Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    Man, loading up that rotary-style rubberband gun must give hours of peace and quiet to the parents... In between bouts of absolute mayhem. (and then whining about cleanup)

Does it exist a version suitable to be mounted on a small quadcopter?
    How could I electrically activate this thing?