Close

taulman3D's Amazing New Flexible PCTPE

New materials are abounding lately in the 3D printing space -- and one of the most newsworthy companies recently has been taulman3D. Today, we heard that taulman3D is rolling out yet another new material: PCTPE ("Plasticized Copolyamid TPE") is indicated for use in any FFF-based desktop 3D printer. This brand new material is incredibly unique and offers huge benefits for users. Tested by some of the leading names in 3D printing, PCTPE stands to provide exceptional flexibility and strength, and is non-delaminating. Check out more details and specs: http://3dprint.com/30901/taulman3d-pctpe/

Let us know if you have had the opportunity of using this new material by taulman3D, and what your initial thoughts are.

Engineer
    Error 404 page not found!

Nvm it works now
    Last edited by richardphat; 12-16-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so it's another tpe filament. That makes 4 that i know of. Ninjaflex, filaflex, that stuff I bought the other day that is 1/3rd the price of the other two (can't remember what it's called - there's flex in there somewhere) and now a taulman version.
    Betcha the taulman version isn't cheap.
    It sounds more like the flexible pla I've got than the tpe when you read the blurb.

So far the three I've tried have been near enough identical. So it's gone from a unique filament that ninjaflex launched to a multi brand material where you buy the cheapest.

Hopefully it'll drive the prices down. £50 a lb is just taking the piss.

Actually until taulman start spooling on to spools with a decent hole in the middle - I'm not buying any more of their filament anyway.
    Yes I have built an external reel holder for awkward bastard filament manufacturers. But still, what's wrong with using reels that just fit on any printer ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-16-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Price: $30/lb.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    Price: $30/lb.
    That would be highly acceptable, what's your source for this info, by the way?

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    - Ditto! That is a killer price for flexible material. 3DSupplyWorld has it at that price HERE
    3dsupplyworld_PCTPE.jpg

- What I'd really like to know how is how they got the gold coloring into it.

Staff Engineer
    Well, just in time for Christmas.

Any note on whether or not it requires a heated bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    I got the pricing from taulman3D's own site: http://www.taulman3d.com/buy-a-mixx.html but they charge $11.30 for shipping. Thanks GOC for the link to 3DSupplyWorld!

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    I got the pricing from taulman3D's own site: http://www.taulman3d.com/buy-a-mixx.html but they charge $11.30 for shipping. Thanks GOC for the link to 3DSupplyWorld!
    Don't ever deal with 3D supply world. Those scums still owe us 3 filaments roll and they never bothered to delivered to us.
    It has been at least 6 months already.
    Last edited by richardphat; 12-18-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - I had just happened across the site when doing the Giveaway stuff and was thinking of give them a try. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep to my reliable sources.