Close

Student

Removing PLA Support/raft

When I'm printing, the supports get fused to the model. Which means, I have to use ALOT of force removing the supports(wich I'm gonna break some models).

So is there any settings I can tweak For PLA or...??

Printer: Wanhao Duplicator 5s
    Layerheight: 0.20
    Print speed: 50mm/s
    Infill: 20%
    Extrusion temp.: 200 deg. Celsius
    advance settings is attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    This is just PLA I'm afraid :/ ABS for me does not have this issue. Supports are much easier to remove whereas on PLA yeah it can be a pain. The only thing I did to improve it was to use pillar supports.

Also Sanding PLA is near impossible compared to ABS. ABS you can sand like wood, whereas PLA you need to be careful how fast you sand as it starts to melt in your hands, so cleaning up those support removal areas can be a real pain I find with PLA, but the upside is it looks nicer in the finished print form, or alot more shiny.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Slic3r lets you set how many interface layers and the spacing on the interface layers. Depending upon what your doing... Even with PLA you can make it rip off easily.

Technician
    A tip from master oklok, at 60 degree your PLA will be much more easier to remove, so hve your heated bed up to 60 degree and you will find it more easier to remove.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - If you have a bit of modeling skill I would also suggest modeling the support in manually. I find that the generated support material can be a bit excessive.