Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    One issue I am having (before I used your settings) is separating the part from the raft. What setting affects the material between the raft and the part?

In one of the videos my rep sent me they talked about changing "raft base layer to 2.0" and "raft surface layers to 5.0" to make it easier and have a better bottom surface. I have not tried it yet as for the most part it hasn't been to bad removing the raft from my prints. Those setting will cost more in time and materials but if it cures your ills it may be worth it.

I sometimes have the same issue with my Z18. some areas of the raft pull right off and others need to be pried apart and then trimmed or sanded down. I plan to try the items DragonXtreme mentioned above.

OK. Here is my largest print ever.

Couple of issues...

Raft problem: Same as before, but I have not tried the new setting yet.
    Raft Warp: The upper right hand corner cam up a couple mm. While not catastrophic, not yet perfect.
    Filament not sticking: The right side X section looks like the filament did not stick and was dragged out into the open space. Is this a temperature issue? Too hot or cold?

Other than those, a pretty good 28 hr print.

2014-12-31 14.44.17.jpg2014-12-31 14.37.38.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKling View Post
    OK. Here is my largest print ever.

Couple of issues...

Raft problem: Same as before, but I have not tried the new setting yet.
    Raft Warp: The upper right hand corner cam up a couple mm. While not catastrophic, not yet perfect.
    Filament not sticking: The right side X section looks like the filament did not stick and was dragged out into the open space. Is this a temperature issue? Too hot or cold?

Other than those, a pretty good 28 hr print.

2014-12-31 14.44.17.jpg2014-12-31 14.37.38.jpg
    AHH I think I need supports turned on for the X. There is a pocket underneath.

Yeah it looks like you need to support the square X, the rectangle X's look decent but they also look like they are also full depth. i would hold off on the temp change until you correct the support issue. You might need to look at the level of the plate and run the leveling routine as it might be off a hair not allowing a good stick on the raft but you might also benefit from the thicker raft as well.

Also forgot to mention in my earlier post, take a look at this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:492067 . Outside of the occasional twisted filament jam from the spool I never get a filament jam at the head since I started using it.

I've had really good success using hairspray on the removable build plate to eliminate the lift problem. Did you have the heat on in the chamber?

I do have the heat on. I thought of using a sheet of glass with hairspray and setting the z offset... Anyone tried that yet?

I haven't tried glass or any other variations since I have not had an issue with the build plate. I did try the thicker raft settings yesterday. I am not real happy with that result as the raft tore off the bottom of the part. It was a bummer after running for 35 hours and the breaking it.

Student
    I will have one to sell next week. Our Objet 500 Connex 1 is in route.
    The Z18 was good for getting out feet wet, but its time to ditch the toy and move on to a professional machine.
    No tears will be shed when it goes. It was a huge head ache for the most part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast