Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Add printbus on Thingiverse
    avrdude is the tool used to program the flash memory inside the MEGA2560 processor, so that's where something is going wrong. Have you tried to upload from the Arduino IDE a second time? Have you previously been able to upload OK?

Engineer
    right now there is a large space between the hotend and the bed, after it completes the ABL

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    avrdude is the tool used to program the flash memory inside the MEGA2560 processor, so that's where something is going wrong. Have you tried to upload from the Arduino IDE a second time? Have you previously been able to upload OK?
    i have done it many times just fine, but just recently its been giving me these errors, every time now.

there will be a space between the hot end and the bed if you are running G29 stand alone. Try doing a calibration cube or something small with G29 added to the custom G-code after the G28 and see if it prints properly.

That's odd that your having trouble with it flashing the memory, Just to cover all of your bases be sure to use the short USB cable provided by Colin, because interefence can be had with longer cables, If that doesnt help there is a chance that there could be an issue with the flash. If that's the case contacting Colin for a replacement board will be your only option just test extensively

Engineer
    i did restart Arduino and it uploaded fine
    I do have a long usb cord, but i need it to reach my desktop machine

here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld9Cl6ysiLA

Engineer
    so now how to i expand the probing area to cover most of my bed

Ok, so when you setup ABL, it doesnt home like it traditionally would when using a regular Z endstop, obviously.

ABL is meant to be used in conjunction with G28, as you have setup.

on slic3r, cura, and kisslicer, sorry no experience with simplify3d, there is an area for custom start and end G-code i would expect simplify3d would as well. You print something quick like a single wall cube, and add G29 just after the G28 in the startup G-code. So that after heating the printer will home then auto level, after auto leveling it should go to the start position drop down to the bed and begin printing. At least that's what mine does.

I wish i was at home to take a video and show you mine as well, but sadly i'm at work...

Oh and i'm a little jealous of your cold end... The color i got was brown...

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    so now how to i expand the probing area to cover most of my bed

Configuration.h

Lines 380-384

That defines the area to probe in.

Engineer

Has anyone thought about setting up a makerfarm chat somewhere like IRC? not that many people would be there all the time or anything... just a thought

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast