Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    X and y probe offsets must be whole numbers z offset is the only one allowed to have high accuracy
    Last edited by sniffle; 03-29-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    X and y probe offsets must be whole numbers z offset is the only one allowed to have high accuracy
    while true the firmware will use decimal values without error only the math in sanitycheck.h req integers

warning
    for the advanced users
    commenting out the check routine will bypass the problem BUT
    make 100% sure that probe zone + offset will not crash the machine that includes hitting clips holding the glass or what not
    for me all my probes are done 50mm from the edge of bed as my largest offset is 43mm (ya a lot i know working on another method using a steel pin and inductive sensor)

i'm only saying this because some people might have very sharp points on the tip of the probe they are using and precession never kilohertz lol
    but you might run in to an odd error at random where is freezes on the last probe point this is a rounding problem that locks up the math loop that corrects the bed plane
    in turn never returns with "ok" so it never moves reconnecting or resetting will free it while annoying it has only happen twice for me this month so apx 1:50~60 prints
    this is error happens from time to time even with use of integers but no where near as offen

99.9% of marlin users just use integers.

Student
    Thanks everyone for the replies. It is very much appreciated. I'm at work on an overtime day so will have to try the whole numbers bit this afternoon. If that doesn't work, I will upload my SanityCheck.h to see if that is any help.

I ran into this trouble as well... it will fix it :-)

Student
    The whole numbers thing did work. Now I don't understand how this is supposed to work. When setting it up, I told the Rambo the Zero point was where I made the mark on my Heated Bed. I made the mark near the center of my Bed and followed the procedure like Michael's video's instructed. After I did all that I home all the axis. The X and Y Axis go to their End Stop positions and the Extruder goes to the Back Right Corner where the original Home Position was before installing Bed Leveling. I enter G29 to go into the Bed Leveling Routine and the Probe only comes down at the Home Position and that's it. In Pronterface it tells me the Auto Bed Leveling has been done and gives me some coordinates. I get a message on my LCD saying "endstops hit: Z" and that is it. It is supposed to do the Grid pattern as I have it set it up. Any ideas what I may have missed or done wrong? I homed everything and did another G92 X0 Y0 Z0 and still no luck. I'm at a loss.

Any help or information is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by walkercreations; 03-31-2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: added more information

I think my printer has become possessed...!!

ABL was working perfectly 2 days ago...i turn it on today for the first time since and..the G28 and G29 commands make the z carriage move up instead of towards the bed..BUT...if i press the negative Z in Simplify3D controller it moves in the correct direction. So ,that means the wires are not inverted nor is the direction of the steppers in Marlin. Ive reloaded Marlin several times from a fresh download and NADA!

What can it be???

Sorry for the double post it the Itty Bitty Flex Thread..

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    I think my printer has become possessed...!!

ABL was working perfectly 2 days ago...i turn it on today for the first time since and..the G28 and G29 commands make the z carriage move up instead of towards the bed..BUT...if i press the negative Z in Simplify3D controller it moves in the correct direction. So ,that means the wires are not inverted nor is the direction of the steppers in Marlin. Ive reloaded Marlin several times from a fresh download and NADA!

What can it be???

Sorry for the double post it the Itty Bitty Flex Thread..
    doublecheck that a z endtop wire isnt broken

Technologist
    @sniffle I see what you did there. check those wires and see if they are broken @voodoo28.

It was a broken wire...
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    doublecheck that a z endtop wire isnt broken

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011