Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Education Needs 3D Printing

3D printing is an undeniable force in up-and-coming technology. Also up and coming are the next generations, who need to be taught the latest and greatest in technological advances. Bringing 3D printing into schools' curricula has undeniable advantages in several subject areas, from math to art to history. 3D modeling allows for a hands-on look at replicas of ancient artifacts as well as models of difficult-to-understand mathematical concepts that can be modeled to increase visualization and comprehension. Check out more ways we think 3D printing could benefit from being incorporated into school curricula: http://3dprint.com/27743/3d-printing-benefits-schools/

Is your school or your child's school embracing 3D printing as of yet?

I agree that 3d printing will be very important for education now and in the future.

I believe you are right, I think its absolutely necessary and believe that this technology will become much more prevalent as me move forward in the future. I would like to see more classes offered locally at our community college for example, so even older people such as myself can more easily learn through hands on training and assignments.

Technician
    Hey Brain, Really very good information. I agree with you.

3D printing is the next level of learning technique. There are several benefits of using 3D printing in education. Some of them are:

1. 3D printers can be used in chemistry laboratories.
    2. With the help of 3D printers, students can print the complex molecules.
    3. Using 3D printers, Biology students can print different body organs and take full knowledge.
    4. Food technology students can use 3D printers to design molds and cookie cutter.
    5. Automobile students can use the 3D printers to printing models of cars and accessories.
    6. Archaeologist students can use the 3D printers to printing building designs.

Just an update, my niece and nephew live with us. I suggested that my nephew, who is 11 right now, learn CAD since he want's to be an engineer of some type when he grows up. He took me up on the advice and has been using Tinkercad. He LOVES it! I'm so glad to see him working on something like that rather than wasting time on video games or something else. His school also has some type of CAD and 3d printing program they are setting up. He brought home a paper the other day that I had to sign to allow him to join the after school program that teaches them how to use 3d printers and more. Pretty excited to see this all happening!

Technician
    I totally agree with you...It teaches them to think 3d, to be creative, see what they can do and expands their world.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 07-26-2022 at 12:43 PM.

There are so many reasons to use 3D printing, a hospital could make a model of a patients heart so they can look at details without opening them up unless they need to to operate, manufacturers can make prototypes of parts and products and see a 3D model instead of 2D blueprints, the possibilities are endless, imagine if someone who collected a certain series of figures or played those table D&D games they could draw and create there own characters and buildings then print them and Paint them, the number of unique (you can't buy in the shops) models and figurines would be massive.

I think that 3d education is a new step in education

at some school i support use 3d printers in learning and thats very cool and i thing every school needs one

This is the problem of our education: it has not kept pace with technological progress and for many years our children have been receiving outdated information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast