Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trying to remember back a few weeks... Seems like I had to screw in the Extruders on (a single block), put the door on (two hinges), attach the spool holders... don't really remember much else. It comes with Kapton tape on the aluminum table. That'll get you for a while. I went to the hardware store and had them cut me some 6x9 glass (I got 4 pieces because they were only charging me 2 bucks a piece). Aside from that, I printed up a couple mods that I saw on thingiverse and bought myself some 3M blue painter's tape, and have been printing merrily along.

That said, I have since ordered some BuildTak which should be here tomorrow or Monday. It's basically the pad that you have on your bed. It'll go on one of the other removable pieces of glass...

None of this is a big deal though, it's not like it's a kit or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Trying to remember back a few weeks... Seems like I had to screw in the Extruders on (a single block), put the door on (two hinges), attach the spool holders... don't really remember much else. It comes with Kapton tape on the aluminum table. That'll get you for a while. I went to the hardware store and had them cut me some 6x9 glass (I got 4 pieces because they were only charging me 2 bucks a piece). Aside from that, I printed up a couple mods that I saw on thingiverse and bought myself some 3M blue painter's tape, and have been printing merrily along.

That said, I have since ordered some BuildTak which should be here tomorrow or Monday. It's basically the pad that you have on your bed. It'll go on one of the other removable pieces of glass...

None of this is a big deal though, it's not like it's a kit or anything...
    Well, I picked up the PowerSpec 3D PRo from Microcenter. Any tips or advise - or what settings you've had success with would always be appreciated. I picked up 4 rolls of the Inland Filament at $14 per roll. 2 ABS, 1 PLA, and one HIPS (which they told me this is capable of printing). It was on sale for $799 - seems like a better deal than the Dremel Unit. The dremel package looks really nice though. They've really done well with its presentation.

As a general rule for me on my 3d Pro:

PLA - big blocky stuff with nothing wispy and no thin overhangs:
    Extruder 195c, Glass plate 60c

PLA - wispy and/or overhangs:
    Extruder 195c, 3M painters tape on unheated bed

ABS:
    Extruder 230c, Glass plate 110c

Haven't done hips, but should be the same as ABS

I might be thinking differently so far as bed temps if the BuildTak works as well as a number of people have said that it does. That said, I've already read enough that I know that what works for one person may or may not work for another...

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    As a general rule for me on my 3d Pro:

PLA - big blocky stuff with nothing wispy and no thin overhangs:
    Extruder 195c, Glass plate 60c

PLA - wispy and/or overhangs:
    Extruder 195c, 3M painters tape on unheated bed

ABS:
    Extruder 230c, Glass plate 110c

Haven't done hips, but should be the same as ABS

I might be thinking differently so far as bed temps if the BuildTak works as well as a number of people have said that it does. That said, I've already read enough that I know that what works for one person may or may not work for another...
    So the buildtak can stay on at all times for both the ABS and PLA and you can still heat the bed? Sorry - I'm still new to this.

Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    So the buildtak can stay on at all times for both the ABS and PLA and you can still heat the bed? Sorry - I'm still new to this.
    Yep. The only minus on it that I've read about is that it sticks too well if you don't have the spacing from the extruder to the bed far enough apart. Thus my first post to you in this thread.

Of course, I'm only speaking from other people's experiences at this point. I'll either have it in my grubby little hands Saturday or Monday to give 1st hand experiences with it.

yeah, it stuck so well I ended up with a $500 pair of legless frogs... I also noticed that it seemed to work better the more it was used, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12