Close

Peachy Printer Ship date?

I haven't really been following the latest much, and don't feel like reading through all the updates. Is there any news on when the Peachy Printer will begin to ship yet?

Super Moderator
    For the beta testers, Soon™. Updates #16 and 17 are pertinent.

For everyone else, presumably still on schedule for shipping between July and October of 2014.

LOL, July and October is a pretty big range. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. With I got in on the Beta testing

the beta testers were supposed to be shipped during December. But obviously they didn't make that deadline, any idea on when the beta tester printers will be shipping?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobysOne View Post
    LOL, July and October is a pretty big range. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. With I got in on the Beta testing
    July is for the people who got in on the funding early and October is for the people who got in late. There's other lots in the middle of those.

Also, if you got in on the funding at all, I you can sign up for the beta testing via the backerkit (select the "Become a Beta Tester" addon). You just have to put up the money ($600+$20 for shipping outside of Canada).
    Last edited by Compro01; 12-28-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by tookys View Post
    the beta testers were supposed to be shipped during December. But obviously they didn't make that deadline, any idea on when the beta tester printers will be shipping?
    On Kickstarter

@Matthew Graham
    We are running approximately 3 weeks late (Mainly due to a delay in receiving our laser cutter, check out update #16 for more details), at this time we plan to start shipping beta testers their units in mid January.

Shipping time will depend on the backer reward you have.

For beta, as stated above, it should be somewhere in between mi-January end-Febuary.

Student
    Here it is mid-January. That is the third week after December. Three weeks behind schedule works out to now. Why is there no update? There was a call for pre-beta testers. Were those people chosen? I applied for that but heard nothing. I paid to be a beta because I have faith in the idea. More frequent updates and information would be appreciated.

On the last January 5th update, they said "Preparing to ship our first Beta Tester kits".

Let's remember it's a Beta test kit, not Alpha test kit. You'll need to have something that work to be able to do Beta testing.

I'm pretty much sure you'll get news soon. They seems to do update at each 2-3 week and I dont think it's usefull to have an update just to say "We are still packaging, done 60% of those... keep you updated !".

Staff Engineer
    I agree that the mass production and shipping is usually considered uninteresting update territory... But on a completely other level, the suspense is killin' me here. :P

I'm really excited for the first reports from beta testers to come rolling in.