Close

Thread: RepRap iTopie

RepRap iTopie

RepRap enthusiast Sébastien Mischler has just released source files for his improvement on the RepRap Prusa i3. Mischler has been working on the goal of making assembly more streamlined in the workshop by adding rigidity, stablility, and greater affordability with use of a 100 percent MDF structure. Mischler wants to make the assembly process better overall, including making it faster and more efficient. Check out details on his iTopie: http://3dprint.com/31942/reprap-itop...roves-prusai3/

A few of the machines specs:
    Envelope (x/y/z) - 390 x 440 x 460 mm
    Print volume (x/y/z) - 200 x 200 x 250 mm
    Printed parts (min + optionals) (exc. extruder) - 18 pcs + 6 pcs
    Frame - 19mm Wood (MDF)

Below is a picture of the iTopie 3d printer:

Engineer-in-Training
    So a Průša with a wooden frame... correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that make it close to a Mendel90?

Yes, you are right, it looks like a mendel90 with an inverted Y plate and feet. I had not seen for a long time and this is the i3 that I had in mind when drawing the iTopie. But these are RepRap and I am inspired by the whole project and community contributions.

Peace.

Sébastien Mischler aka skarab

Engineer-in-Training
    Awesome! It does look much more refined than some 90s....I like that it looks like you used a shapeoko to mill it out too.... cool!