Close

Voxel8 Annonces funding from Braemar Energy Ventures

Today, Voxel8, the brainchild of Dr. Jennifer Lewis from Havard University announced that they have received an injection of capital from Braemar Energy Ventures. The terms of the investment remain undisclosed. Voxel8 is working on an innovative approach to 3D printing electronics. Further details on this deal can be found here: http://3dprint.com/31399/voxel8-3d-printed-electronics/

Let's hear your thoughts on what this could ultimately mean for the 3d printing of functional electronics both in the long and short term.

Staff Engineer
    It's great that this company that nobody has heard of just got so much money from another company that almost nobody has heard about... I kind of wish Functionalize was able to make their Kickstarter goal, but it sadly didn't happen. This professor bugs me with how much emphasis she puts on the "harvard ecosystem" and how little she says about the technical details of the actual product.

Also, is 'Biologically Inspired Engineering' actually a whole major over there, or do they have a separate professor for each lecture topic?

Functionalize has received funding however from an outside party I am told.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Not just a major...it's an institution. The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard.

Staff Engineer
    That is somehow both overly specific and somewhat vague... Okay, it's biologically inspired, which is great and all, I guess, but is it electrical, chemical, computer or mechanical engineering? And what kind of scientific school categorizes their institutions by inspiration rather than their field? That sounds like the kind of organization you find in art institutes.

And nice to hear that f-electric has gotten a partnreship, I guess they were better at presenting their business in-person than they were in their KS campaign (and I'm a little embarassed that I missed that little news nugget, that's what I get for not joining their mailing list I guess).

More funding...

Voxel8 has some substantial news with the recent launch of their first desktop 3D electronics printer. Additionally, they have just closed a round of Series A funding, receiving $12 million, led by Braemar Energy Ventures and ARCH Venture Partners, and also joined by partner Autodesk. Read up on their latest at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/83648/voxel8-series-a-funding/