Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer
    Looks like it should arrive tomorrow! woohoo!

Technician
    I just ordered the 10" Friday night. I am having a hard time waiting. I've never done any electronics really, but as a former auto tech, I've done plenty of soldering and am handy with my hands.
    I like the idea of the lacquer finish. Thanks.

Hey all, just found the forums and this post, and I had to register.

I've been printing with my i3v 10" for a few weeks now, and I'm really loving it. I've been learning a lot (which was the point in getting a kit) but I've really been surprised how smooth things have been going. I did get excited and jumped into the build before seeing a lot of the wood frame treatments around online. Maybe someday I'll disassemble and treat the wood.

Good luck with your build(s)! It sounds like you're going about it the right way. I'm sure it'll all go fine!

EDIT: I wanted to mention that, during my build, the only real trouble I came across was that some of the the little laser cut areas that are supposed to hold the nuts were a little too big, allowing the nut to spin. I managed to deal with this by pushing an X-acto blade in next to the nut to keep it from spinning while I tightened the bolt. Also, good call on the thread glue. Again, I let my excitement get the best of me and jumped the gun. Put in the time in the beginning and you won't regret it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123