Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
    ... perhaps new side pieces for the LCD screen ...
    I have these modeled in google sketchup already for the rear mounted spool holder I've been working on. If they would be any help to you just let me know!

EDIT
    These are the LCD parts for the 8 inch, basic LCD. I'm unsure if they are compatible with the 12 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    I have these modeled in google sketchup already for the rear mounted spool holder I've been working on. If they would be any help to you just let me know!

EDIT
    These are the LCD parts for the 8 inch, basic LCD. I'm unsure if they are compatible with the 12 inch.
    Thank you Gmay3, I may take you up on your offer. And no worries if your parts don't fit for the screen supplied with the 12" model - I'm pretty adept at solid modeling with ProE/Creo2. Though as of this morning I haven't heard back from Colin/Makerfarm that my order has been sent - hopefully I'll get an email soon with a tracking number and and estimated delivery date. Since I am also doing a radical custom redesign on my first printer my Makerfarm build won't be a quick affair, it may be a while before I get to the actual LCD install part of the i3v. But hey, it's always great to have options and I appreciate anyone's help!

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Cool sounds good, I also have the STLs which would probably be more useful to you with ProE/Creo!

I hope your printer arrives before the holidays, otherwise it may come down your chimney which might crack a part or two.

They arent it uses the full graphics display thats at least gouble the height

Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    Cool sounds good, I also have the STLs which would probably be more useful to you with ProE/Creo!

I hope your printer arrives before the holidays, otherwise it may come down your chimney which might crack a part or two.
    Thank Gmay2, and since I have a sealed gas fireplace I certainly hope there is no "holiday delivery"!

Technician
    LCD Display
    i had the same issue with the LCD Display during the build, the frame holes didn't align well with the display so i had to enlarge it in order to fit and put some washers .

Y Iddler.

Testing the Y bed movement i noticed that the belt tends to rub in the wood mount even though i spent some time trying to get my belt as aligned as possible . my Fix was suggested by Printbus in his Build Thread . i add an additional washer .

Micro Adjustable Z Endstop

the screw that is use to adjust the Z height. is interfering with the bottom right mounting screw on the X iddler mount base. i haven't come with a solution to that yet . if i put it farther right it doesn't contact the Z endstop .

PronterFace Issue

So by mistake i soldered one of the pins of the LCD adapter Backwards . i tried to desolder the pins (which was very hard to do due to the amount of pins and size) with no success . so for the moment the only way to test my printer is via pronterface until i get a new adapter.

Im having 2 issues.

Home position for Each Axis

when i "click" any of the Axis home buttom . the motors only move a little like 3mm and it stops , it does not go all the way until they hit the endstop . i checked my endstop connection and with the M119 command and everything is working "properly".

PronterFace temp error shoting down printer

when i connect the board to pronteface im getting this error.

Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
    Error printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    [ERROR] Error printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

I proceed to check if my thermistor where working right . im getting temperatures for both thermistor in the Temperature Graph connected on EX0 and Bed Slots . also i noticed that pronterface does not give me this error if it detects temperatures on EX0 and EX1 by moving one of the thermistors to the second extruder Slot .

Ill apreciate any help to solves this issues . i will like to do at least some test if is posible until i get my LCD adaptor.

sorry for my english

Sorry to hear about the Pronterface issues, Pichuete. I'm not familiar with that software - I'm planning on [trying to] install Repetier-Host/Slic3r on my i3v when I get it...hopefully that won't open up a new can of worms though. I've actually had a lot of good results from R-H/Slic3r on my Printrbot Simple over the past year. With luck that software will run on a Rambo board as well... (If anyone out there has done this I'd like to learn about your experience...)

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Mintemp- as a safety measure, the Marlin firmware shuts down the printer if the hotend thermistor reads Zero (0) degrees. It assumes the thermistor has failed and shuts the power down, to avoid a runaway heating issue.

Your thermistor is not working right, and since it's reading zero its probably not wired/connected right. when you turn the printer on and poll the temperature in pronterface, it should show room temperature for both bed and hotend, 18 to 24 degrees or so.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    LCD Display
    i had the same issue with the LCD Display during the build, the frame holes didn't align well with the display so i had to enlarge it in order to fit and put some washers .

Y Iddler.

Testing the Y bed movement i noticed that the belt tends to rub in the wood mount even though i spent some time trying to get my belt as aligned as possible . my Fix was suggested by Printbus in his Build Thread . i add an additional washer .

Micro Adjustable Z Endstop

the screw that is use to adjust the Z height. is interfering with the bottom right mounting screw on the X iddler mount base. i haven't come with a solution to that yet . if i put it farther right it doesn't contact the Z endstop .

PronterFace Issue

So by mistake i soldered one of the pins of the LCD adapter Backwards . i tried to desolder the pins (which was very hard to do due to the amount of pins and size) with no success . so for the moment the only way to test my printer is via pronterface until i get a new adapter.

Im having 2 issues.

Home position for Each Axis

when i "click" any of the Axis home buttom . the motors only move a little like 3mm and it stops , it does not go all the way until they hit the endstop . i checked my endstop connection and with the M119 command and everything is working "properly".

PronterFace temp error shoting down printer

when i connect the board to pronteface im getting this error.

Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
    Error printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    [ERROR] Error printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

I proceed to check if my thermistor where working right . im getting temperatures for both thermistor in the Temperature Graph connected on EX0 and Bed Slots . also i noticed that pronterface does not give me this error if it detects temperatures on EX0 and EX1 by moving one of the thermistors to the second extruder Slot .

Ill apreciate any help to solves this issues . i will like to do at least some test if is posible until i get my LCD adaptor.

sorry for my english

Initially, when I was setting up my printer I wasn't getting anything on the LCD, so I tried using pronterface as well. I was also getting the same errors. I ended up solving my screen issue and my pronterface issue by updating the firmware and using the one listed in the build guide. I'm not sure what firmware is on the rambo when it ships, but I'm pretty sure it's not the right one for this printer. I downloaded Arduino software directly from their website and got the firmware for the build guide.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    Mintemp- as a safety measure, the Marlin firmware shuts down the printer if the hotend thermistor reads Zero (0) degrees. It assumes the thermistor has failed and shuts the power down, to avoid a runaway heating issue.

Your thermistor is not working right, and since it's reading zero its probably not wired/connected right. when you turn the printer on and poll the temperature in pronterface, it should show room temperature for both bed and hotend, 18 to 24 degrees or so.
    I'm getting temperature readings on ex0 and bed. Apparently pronterface is trying to get a temperature reading for ex1(which I don't have a second extruder) when I connect the thermistor from the bed to the ex1 slot the error goes away.

So my question is how do I set pronterface or firmware to only work with ex0?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast