Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    My setup isn't as spacious or complete as yours... Yours looks 'sterile' compared to mine! But I'm glad to see the clutter. Shouldn't there be a half ate pizza in the picture somewhere?
    Can't you see it? It's near the Coke can.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    omg i have a knot in my stomach looking at that. i would go nuts. maybe its due to my time in the military but i have that belief of "a place for everything and everything in its place" burnt into my brain lol.
    I'm sort of with you but not entirely. I'm OCD about certain things (like making sure the kitchen knives have their handles pointing in the same direction in the block or always using the same kind of pen) but a place for everything. etc. etc. to me just means that everything has a place. It doesn't mean that that place is neat and tidy looking. My fiance and I get into this all the time (jokingly). Whenever I have projects going on I tend to leave stuff all around. To her it's a giant cluttered mess, to me it's everything I need within easy reach. I know where everything is because everything is where it needs to be. Of course with longer term projects she eventually gets sick of the mess and gathers it all up into a pile and that's when things go awry. The project will come to more or less a stop because while I know everything is in that pile, I don't know WHERE in that pile the specific thing I need at that moment is. That leads to digging through looking for it instead of making progress. Same with the next thing I need and so on. As I find them they go back to their place where I need them to be and where I know I can find them later when needed.

Now MJ's spot is definitely a bit worse than mine typically is and I would certainly have a chuckle with him about it but unless he's losing stuff all the time I would just assume he's like me and knows exactly where every little thing is in all that.

Senior Engineer
    My problem is somewhere to put things I am not using. It's been about 5 years since I did any EMC work but the spectrum analyser and the antennas are sitting here because I have nowhere to stick them. The big grey box in front of the red tool trolley thing contains a log periodic antenna, being used as a table. Since the picture was taken the box has moved being the PCB mill that is on the right and the place is infinitely more cluttered now than it was then but I still know where everything is. It's a no wife zone so a suitable depth of crumbs and cobwebs on the floor along with all the dead spiders that lived and died thinking it was there place, so mistaken they were.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Clean and tidy is sort of a relative term here.

IMAG0354.jpg

Senior Engineer
    Get some oil on that Unimat!!!!!

Effective.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Get some oil on that Unimat!!!!!
    That one is retired for the time being. Got an Unimat 3 on the bench in the back for larger jobs and a Boley watchmakers lathe for smaller stuff and watch jobs.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by bford903 View Post
    That one is retired for the time being. Got an Unimat 3 on the bench in the back for larger jobs and a Boley watchmakers lathe for smaller stuff and watch jobs.
    Not an excuse.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Not an excuse.
    Yeah, but.....*huff*

Mine is kind of likeMjolinor's accept mine is in the familyroom of my apartment:
    workplace.jpg
    My Form 1+ can be seen in the center.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast