Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Student

Workbench: Let's See Your Setup

First post here,

I'm running a Replicator 2 with a heated build plate (kept rep2 single extruder as it prints PLA and ABS without issues), aluminum arm wraps, and some other random small things. I've redesigned the active cooling fan mount so it doesn't have the top cover going over the extruder. To hold the guide tube in place I made a new lever arm that has an input to hold it in place instead. The extruder is easier to service and the motor probably sheds heat a little better. No complaints with this setup other than getting a process dialed in to prevent warping.

Here's my setup. I live in a small single bedroom apartment and this area in the back of the living room acts as my workbench and garage haha. Just a single bench with my rep2, and a toolbox with necessary tools and some spare parts. I store filament in ziploc bags below. What is your workshop/area setup?

IMG_20141206_150708533.jpg

Here's a close up of the extruder with the modified fan mount and lever arm that I referenced earlier:
    IMG_20141206_153029930.jpg
    Last edited by T-MAC; 12-06-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Student
    We are running 2 Replicator 2's one above the other on a metal rack.

The best part is... that the older machine (with 1,000 hours on it) runs better than the newer machine, go figure. Thanks MBI

Below those is about 30 pounds of PLA plastic, with the final holes in our rainbow (teal and brown) arriving soon.

20141208_213343.jpg

This is probably shameless self promotion, but check us out at www.artforcestudios.com

..and yes that's a creeper.

Student
    Sweet setup, looks like we both have the same shelf, just didn't build mine all the way up.

Your site looks good too.

Engineer-in-Training
    I had a huge workbench in process in my basement workroom but last night I finally gave up and accepted that the state of my floor slab is so bad I will NEVER get anything to sit even remotely level or stable. Plan B is to bolt the main spars to the wall directly and brace the cantilever surface with angled legs also attached to the wall.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC View Post
    Sweet setup, looks like we both have the same shelf, just didn't build mine all the way up.

Your site looks good too.
    Ah I didn't notice that.. Nice

and thanks for the compliment for my site.

Student
    Replicator Z18 sitting on a washer/dryer base. The drawer holds all my extra filament spools.
    Wall bracket shelf to hold the 10lb spool box. IMG_20141209_081820_493.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    Christ that's a big machine

Here's my current workbench-ish. Have since painted the Robo3D a different color. Also looking to get another table or desk of some sort, love the current desk in the picture, it's a great size, but the printers have taken up too much space at this point and I can't use it as my work desk anymore since there's no space for my laptop! Unfortunately, last I checked ikea doesnt carry that exact model desk anymore
    Last edited by BaudR8; 12-09-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    5 PRINTERS?!?!??!?! I thought I was feeling special with 2! Will post my smallish set up tonight though....

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMadRyan View Post
    5 PRINTERS?!?!??!?! I thought I was feeling special with 2! Will post my smallish set up tonight though....
    it's an addiction :P

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast