Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by 3dm View Post
    Hi, DrL, if I understand your suggestion correctly, our machines are specifically designed to do just that. You can mount up to 4 completely independent extruders on all our machines, each with its own autonomous temperature control. That means you can use up to 4 completely different materials. In the future, they won't even have to all be plastics.

For example:
    - you can use an expensive, pretty, sparkly PLA filament for perimeters
    - a cheap plain PLA filament for structural infill
    - a PVA support filament
    - a conductive PLA filament as an RF shield

Later next year, when we ship a low-temp paste extruder, you'll be able to add paraffin wax as ballast and/or filler to make the part differently stable then the normal weight distribution will allow. Or you could 3D print a composite hybrid rocket motor grain made of a combination of ABS and paraffin wax. If the current efforts to develop low-resistivity conductive filaments succeed, you'll be able to print wires right inside the structural components, as well.

Multi-material printing is a very important capability for us, and we're working hard to make it available to as many Makers as possible.
    Ah i already had a feeling that you would do 4 extruders on it since i just seen your Logo on your avatar.
    Its just that i didnt see one on your printer that was shown above,

I would kinda suggest a heated bed tho, Its like a must for a 3D printer imo. Perhaps a milestone upgrade if you get * dollars pledged?

After that it looks like a great printer and very sturdy with your own ideas behind it.
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 12-27-2013 at 02:06 PM.