Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes, it is really annoying when this tangle issue happens.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - After learning a little gcode and working with the Repetier-Host software I found that you can restart prints with a little practice (and a couple minor crashes).

1) Use the manual control to find out what layer your on.
    2) Using the preview tab navigate to the proper layer within the gcode.
    3) By selecting the code the pathing lines will highlight. By visually looking at the part and using the selection highlighting, find the segment where it stopped printing.
    4) Delete All of the printing code up to that point. (it will make the part look like its floating)
    5) Adjust the 'Heating' code so that it gets everything up to temp at the proper z-depth above the part. (or else..crash!)
    6) Add some custom code after the "Heating" code but before the printing code to give it a slow approach to the part.
    7) Then start the job and keep you mouse over the E-Stop button until you feel its good.

* I realize these are really vague instructions, I'll work on putting together an article on this in the near future.
    Last edited by GOC; 12-04-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Thx~ Looking forward to your article.

I had this problem before. Remember to tight up the coils every time you finish printing. Knots and tangle will happen if the filament is loosen.
    Another reason I think is possible is because the filament was not coiled smoothly during manufacturing.

met this before & found taller spools are easier to tangle than shorter ones

Maybe that’s because for spools of shorter height, the moving distance of filament is shorter. Makerbot filament uses big-diameter spool, wonder if that’s relevant?

Well, I am not sure that's relevant.

Two reasons for this issue. First is improper use of filament during 3d printing. The filament should not be loose during printing, so we need to tighten the coils after using. Second is that knots emerge without manufacturer’s notice during winding process. Regarding this issue, our company has found a solution. See more at http://www.reprappertech.com/blog/Ne...iled_filament/

Student
    Try getting filament from Zen tool works or Sansmart.

Cheap filament = poor spooling.

Senior Engineer
    Well I buy the cheapest I can get off ebay and have only ever had a problem with a Stratasys roll that cost a fortune.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast