Close

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar

3mm and 1.75 in the same IB double

Clough42 - I also have interest in 1.75 mainly for availability issues rather than function. However I have an inventory of 3mm and would like to cover both. Any chance of getting an STL of an extruder block with 3mm on the right and 1.75 on the left? Or is there a liner tube out there that goes from 3mm to 1.75? if not, there should be.

/quick search shows 2mm ID 3mm OD pfte is available. Maybe a good way to go, possibly even reversable once installed.

I am a Happy IBD user although I'm kind of over dual material printing since the self support in Simplify 3d is so dang good - Thanks again.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    ...quick search shows 2mm ID 3mm OD pfte is available. Maybe a good way to go, possibly even reversable once installed.
    TJC - see if you have any somewhat used BIC pens laying around. The ink tube is pretty close to 3mm OD, 2mm ID. Some people have used lengths of spent ink tubes as a liner in the 3mm-native Greg's Wade extruder body provided by MakerFarm. I've seem some pens with tubes that are too narrow - especially giveaway-type pens that are likely trying to go cheap on the amount of ink.

I dont see the need to make the hole in the extruder 1.75 the 3mm hole should have no problem with 1.75 as long as your extruder is setup for 1.75.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I dont see the need to make the hole in the extruder 1.75 the 3mm hole should have no problem with 1.75 as long as your extruder is setup for 1.75.
    For rigid filaments, this will probably work. I'm not so sure with flexible filament. That might be more problematic.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    I ordered a meter of 3mm OD/2mm ID PTFE. I'm going to order a sampler pack of 1.75's to try, such as

http://www.amazon.com/Sunwin-1-75mm-.../dp/B00N0A8YHI

Not planning on anything flexible. I will try that to start. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    I ordered a meter of 3mm OD/2mm ID PTFE. I'm going to order a sampler pack of 1.75's to try, such as

http://www.amazon.com/Sunwin-1-75mm-.../dp/B00N0A8YHI

Not planning on anything flexible. I will try that to start. Thanks.
    Awesome. Let us know how it works. I wonder if it'll be tight enough to stay in place. If not, let me know and I can generate some new custom STLs.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748