Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOC View Post
    *This might just be me, but...

12) Have timed alarms set throughout the night to change-out and start new prints. Sleep is a sacrifice to those who are dedicated.
    I think that one could just be you.
    I'll leave a long print to run over night. But get up, go out to my workshop and set another print going when i could be sleeping ? Nah.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    11) you're a nit picking, argumentative sod, who can't keep to a topic in a forum thread :-)

And yes, I'm admitting to number 11 as well :-)
    Sure that's not "you might be on the internet if-"?

I'm pretty guilty of 1, 5, 8, 9, and 10... And I don't even own my own printer yet. (alas, crowd funding, such a harsh way to live, can't stand the waiting, and can't justify blowing the money on a printer now when I'll have one in four months that I already payed for.)

What's wrong with cold beer ?

And when i say 'beer' I actually mean alcopops. I prefer fruit flavoured 'beer'.
    That bitter brown sludge that people call 'real ale' actually does make me vomit. long long before I'm actually drunk.

I also quite like cider.

Don't drink grape based wine (see above comment on real ale) , prefer my vodka neat and direct from the freezer and make my own sloe gin, creme de menthe and toffee vodka.
    And I thought that Aussies were supposed to be the pisspots of the Universe.

I like a small (330ml) can of cold lager to wash the dust down and whet the whistle.

Then a big cup of PG Tips to rehydrate.

A cold glass glass of Cabernet/Merlot with dinner, and a Nestle hot chocolate or big glass of cold milk as a bedtime drink.

Instant coffee is OK in the workshop - filter coffee served by my Beloved (when she's after something) is always welcome. A thousand curses on Macdonalds for no longer serving filter coffee all day. Espresso machines should be blown up and a cappuccino is a dwarf Capuchin monk.

OME

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Man, you are living the good life down there.... Nice...!

Our local beer is National Bohemian. It's takes a lot of it to keep my printer in tip-top shape.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

13) Your family doctor sends your for a diagnostic CT scan and you ask the radiographer for copies of the scan files so you can use them to print models of your organs.

OME

Engineer-in-Training
    #9 used to be a very contentious issue in the 3D printer hobby. A machine with an all-metal frame was heresy, because it pushed it further away from being a "self building machine" . Rep rap is an ideal to reach, not a very good reality yet. Plastic frame joints don't make for a very rigid frame, slender rods didn't help either.
    Last edited by JRDM; 12-06-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    13) Your family doctor sends your for a diagnostic CT scan and you ask the radiographer for copies of the scan files so you can use them to print models of your organs.

OME
    I would so like to do that !

My mate's actually got a ct scan dvd from when they checked his spine. Arthritis in one of his verterbrae - nasty.

No idea how we go from that to say: printing his spleen. But I'll have to borrow the dvd and have an play :-)

Student
    1) Yes

2) Totally

3) haha, i could see that

4) Proto-pasta sounds good!

5) Got some of those laying around

6) Sure?

7) Too busy making new ones

8) I will and I am

9) Hah.. it's still pretty cheap

10) Let's live forever!
    Well. this is my first post here, so I think this is a good place to start! XD

Student
    14) You drink beer from your own printed "glass" - well, clear plastic perhaps!

Amused reading the comments above, as was born in WA and live in the UK, have two passports. Can choose which side to agree with and which side to take a pop at
    The Aussies may make some good beer, but not found it yet on account of it being served so cold it's impossible to taste - and you need to wear gloves so you can hold the deep-frozen glasses it is often served up in!

Student
    Well I don't own my printer yet, but when I do I am sure I will be in the group conforming to most those items! LOL

Setting alarms to get up through the night to start new prints? Maybe not as I'd likely have long prints running all night.
    Now, getting up 2 or 3 times a night to write down a great Idea I just had for printing something later, OK I do that now and I don't even have a printer yet! LOL

Beer Mug? On my list of things to print! LOL
    I make my own beer so why not my own mugs to drink it in, and maybe the bottles and caps to transport it. Can I print such things? Food safe?
    I have many times wanted to take a bit of beer to my friends at some events, just too much problems trying haul 2-3 cases of glass beer bottles on a motorcycle! Too expensive to buy plastic bottles to toss when empty. Already I am thinking designs for custom bottles friends can keep for event souvenirs.

Might also be a 3D print Junkie if every-time you look at your vehicle you think of something neat you can print for it!
    In my case my motorcycles mostly. Although I already thought of a few things my 4X4 truck needs also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast