Close

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse

Remix of Gregs Extruder with Enlongated Stepper Mount Slots

Has anyone been successfully using a remixed version of gregs extruder that makes the holes where the stepper motor mounts in slightly longer?

Before I try to remix it I wanted to see if someone already did this first!

Thanks!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    1stage had advertised doing this - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:409162. It might be an improvement, but I still found it desirable to lengthen the slots with a needle file more.

I'd also like to see the design modified to give up on the rise for the head of the bolt partway into the base. I far prefer using a flat washer on the outside of the base rather than rely on a partial shoulder for holding up to the stress of the bolt head, especially after filing some of it away.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Ah ok, I will try lengthening the holes with a file then. I'm glad to hear that worked for you, that will save me a few hours of printing.

There is an old post here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...light=Wade%27s

I need to change the gear ratio on my extruder because my extruder motor seemed kind of wimpy. You can see what I did to the Wade's extruder. Only the .STL is posted. But if you can benefit from that design, I can post the .SCAD file.