I have seen lots of good and bad about the Simple Makers edition, but to help squash some of the bad, what upgrades are available to increase the quality of prints.

One of the main things I have seen about this printer is that its wood construction is a bit weak. But if I were to get the metal version its not expandable for the print bed (yet) like the simple is. Is there any way to add maybe some threaded rod, or small strips of metal to stiffen up the wood to relieve some of the weakness?

Can a heated bed be added to this printer and other filament be used? I have seen an upgrade to the extrusion head which lets ninjaflex be used, but doesnt it need a heated bed to work correctly?

Can the simple be converted to dual extruders or is this one always going to be a single head?

I have a really low budget to work with, so this printer seems a logical first step. By building it, I can get a feel for its function even before the first print. It will also teach me the ins and outs of tweaking the print settings to get better looking products. However it may not be a good enough printer to make a product I can sell that doesnt look like crap. Perhaps if someone could link some pics of thier best quality prints with this unit so I can get an idea if its worth my time to start with. I just need it to make a product good enough to sell so I can buy a better printer. I have 2 products designed that just a lil more tweaking and I have a sea of willing buyers.