Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer
    3 legs is simple in a sense, whereas 4 you are guarenteed to put stress on the plate.
    It might not be relevent with thick glass/pyrex bed such as 1/8 and over but becomes a pain with thin one.

But that being said, I'd go 4 legs support for a small print because I tend to print on the edge or corner, it's quite convenient and keep larger print with 3.

Hey Hi, newbie here.

4 years away the discussion, got one makerbot replicator +. Despite the closed system I did well with the configuration of its native software the makerbot desktop (now in its 3.2 release). However, I'd like to properly manipulate gcodes in this printer using the Simplify3D but I'm shitty with the whole scripting thing.

If anyone is used to print in makerbot 5th gen through the simplify3d could please share the fff profile if possible?

Many thanks!!

Technologist American 3D Printing's Avatar
    Add American 3D Printing on Facebook Add American 3D Printing on Google+ Add American 3D Printing on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by harongabriel View Post
    Hey Hi, newbie here.

4 years away the discussion, got one makerbot replicator +. Despite the closed system I did well with the configuration of its native software the makerbot desktop (now in its 3.2 release). However, I'd like to properly manipulate gcodes in this printer using the Simplify3D but I'm shitty with the whole scripting thing.

If anyone is used to print in makerbot 5th gen through the simplify3d could please share the fff profile if possible?

Many thanks!!
    We don't use S3D, but can definitely report that the Replicator Plus is vastly improved over the 5th Gen. We've only had one filament jam that was serious enough that we had to take the extruder apart to clear, and unlike the 5th Gen, the extruder is designed to be serviced, it uses screws instead of highly breakable plastic tabs. That said, the Rep 2 is still a much better machine, more reliable, faster and easier to work on and work with. And using the older software is much faster than the newer versions. I will give Makerbot credit, the newest software does give much more control over parameters than the early versions that were used with the original 5th Gen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123