Close

RP,Slic3r,Prusa iev 10" heat bed issue

I was printing and like a dummy I plugged in an Arduino via USB to program it and it killed my print.

So I shut down RP and rebooted to start fresh print and when I try to connect to printer the manual bed heat control disappears. If I shut down RP and reboot it comes back until I connect to printer again.

So, I tried to print anyway and find that the bed can not be turned on with RP.

The printer works fine with the LCD control.

RP was working fine till I killed it today.

Using Mint 17 Linux and tried re-extracting the files for RP, tried Slic3r 0.9.9 and 1.7.7 with same results. Did not try to reinstall Slic3r as I was using 0.9.9 and switch to 1.7.7 because it still had factory defaults.

Ideas?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    What is RP?

RP = Repetier Host

I figured that was what you were referring to, but wasn't sure. Does the bed row (button and temp sliders) actually disappear, or is it greyed out as if it is disabled?

Sounds like a configuration parameter got messed up somewhere. I may experiment with Marlin/RH tonight to see if I can duplicate what you're seeing. I think RH obtains a bunch of information from the printer when you connect. You might try to capture that out of the dialogue box at the bottom of the RH window. I've never looked at it, but maybe there's something of interest in that info.

I've also learned the hard way to be careful what I'm doing with USB during the middle of a SD-based print. I don't remember if I turned on the laptop, unplugged the USB, put the laptop into hibernate by shutting the cover, or whatever, but doing so did appear to reset the MEGA2560 and shut off the print. I didn't have any issues with the configuration changing though.

Do other printer controls seem to work? Maybe it's something simple like the baud rate got mangled.

It actually disappears. I have to try computer reboot and also have another computer to try that hasn't been hooked up to this printer. If it still does it then I lost something in firmwear. I was using the computer to print (not SD card) and hook up to another USB port when it killed the print. Everything else seems to work.

Ah, OK. Yeah my issue was simple compared to that.

Engineer
    Did the baud rate or board selection in the Arduino program get changed when you plugged in the second board?

I don't have anything to add. I saw an entry in a Repetier forum that said this can happen if the thermistor connection has been lost or the heated bed is disabled, but control from the LCD wouldn't work then either.

Baud rate or corrupted firmware are about all I can think of.
    Last edited by printbus; 12-10-2014 at 07:39 PM.