Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NEW Printrbot Metal PLUS

Rumor has it the new PrintrBot Metal Plus will be released next week?

printrbotplus.jpg

Looking forward to owning one with tax return in a few months.

Eager to receive mine. With end of year logistics massive overload I guess I'll have to be patient.

My plan is to buy it from Amazon. Amazon has them in stock, so I dont have to worry about build time.
    I just visited Amazon and found there is a 1-3 month wait time. This does not bode well if I am to start up a prospect of printing as I have work I hoped to fulfill in the immediate future.

So good luck on your wait and let us know what turns up? Maybe do a unboxing for us to drool over on youtube?
    Last edited by -willy-; 01-02-2015 at 01:27 PM. Reason: correction based on present knowledge

Well I have had communication with PrintRbot. They tell me that orders from the store (PrintRbot.com) are the ones that have priority. Seems that some parts of the new model are not getting to their stock room as needed, yet this should be resolved soon. Otherwise any current orders will be filled shortly. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by -willy- View Post
    So good luck on your wait and let us know what turns up? Maybe do a unboxing for us to drool over on youtube?
    Will try. I'm ofificially on paternity leave as of now and for the next 2 weeks so I've got the means and motivation but ... it's up to PB and UPS ! ;-)

Additional news : the Metal Plus ships partially disassembled for international shipments to avoid damage while shipping, that is if you bought the assembled version.

Sad news : no shipment for 2 to 3 weeks says PB Support. Seems like end of year 2014 was a success and stretches them a bit thin. On a good note, they published recruitment ads.

From what David @ printrbot has told me, their supplier of the metal columns has not been delivering the contracted parts. So anyone whom has ordered from Amazon is screwed. If people have ordered directly from PrintRbot they are most likely to be on the first to get list (supposedly).

I am concerned if they still are not fulfilling their orders I may have to go to some one else when I am ready to buy.

I was a bit sceptical when they announced on twitter that backlog was recovered up to january orders. And then I received my shipping info. Delivery should be next thursday.
    So Excited.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast