Close

Large Format Printers (Print Shops)

Hello,

I have some design ideas that require a large format printer. Most of the parts are long and narrow. I attended a 3D printing presentation and the presenter mentioned that some shops use printers on a conveyor for large/long parts. I need something that is about six feet long with a bend in it. The bend will likely require me to build in two parts, which isn't ideal but acceptable. What are my chances of finding such a printer, and a vendor that can do production jobs? Thanks!

1. What country and where in it is the job to be done? You won't get a sensible answer without that information.

2. Can the item be printed in sections to be joined later, and if so, what is the largest section size?

3. Do you know what the most suitable material would be to use to print it? Plastic. metal, other.

We have plenty of information for you, but you must refine your search criteria.

Old Man Emu

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    1. What country and where in it is the job to be done? You won't get a sensible answer without that information.

2. Can the item be printed in sections to be joined later, and if so, what is the largest section size?

3. Do you know what the most suitable material would be to use to print it? Plastic. metal, other.

We have plenty of information for you, but you must refine your search criteria.

Old Man Emu
    1. Products would mostly ship to the US. I'd prefer a US company, but if the offshore + shipping costs are significantly lower than the US I'd be willing to look offshore.
    2. I could likely do this job as two pieces. The joint would be at the 3' mark. So about 6' overall in two 3' sections. It would be ideal to do this as a single piece though.
    3. Most suitable would likely be ABS. I need something that is UV resistant though because it will be out in the sun.

Thanks!