Close

MakerBot and Home Depot Partnership Expands to 39 Stores

As leaders in their industries, Home Depot and MakerBot have formed a smart allegiance, teaming up to sell MakerBot’s 3D printers in 39 locations, expanding from the pilot program which began with 12 Home Depot stores. Each of the 39 locations features a MakerBot kiosk hosted by a trained representative from MakerBot who offers demonstrations and purchasing advice. Additional details on this Makerbot and Home Depot partnership, as well as a full list of stores participating can be found here: http://3dprint.com/26153/home-depot-makerbot

Attached Images Attached Images

Student
    If you have to buy filament there because you are desperate buy it online and do in store pickup and save a bit of money. It is 25 bucks in store for a .5lb spool of PLA, but if you do in store pickup from the website it is only $18. Home Depot will not match their online prices even for products in store.

Are these Kiosks already in these additional stores? I would drive to one in NJ when/if they come to check it out, just as a curiosity. Philly is a little far from me.

Not sure if they are installed yet or not. I guess you can just call the store and ask

Engineer
    5th generations spotted.
    I am expecting a total disaster.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Wonder how many spare extruders they have stashed away to keep the demo unit going.

Student
    They have a regular 5th gen at one and a mini at the other, I have seen both break during the demo and the employee tell someone watching that it was his fault for loading the filament wrong. The employee that works at the store with the mini left to go on a break and it jammed and kept running so its nice to see their filament sensors don't work.

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Home Depot has a no questions asked return policy. Good Luck to them.

I wonder if the home depot discount coupons will work with this?? Could be a decent deal for filament or a new printer