Close

Creator Pro/Creator

I know it looks cleaner, but is the Pro's output/maintenance/whatever that much better than the Creator (dual)? Can you tell I'm doing a lot of hemming and hawing here trying to make a final decision on what to get?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    What you will find is the Pro is a sturdier box. The wooden ones tend to vibrate apart overtime due to how the panels are connected. Both can output reasonably the same product if the extrusion is calibrated right. The Pro has a better platform and Build plate. What happens with the wooden Creator is you spend money on making the platform solid, and slowly you creep up to the price of a Pro.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    What you will find is the Pro is a sturdier box. The wooden ones tend to vibrate apart overtime due to how the panels are connected. Both can output reasonably the same product if the extrusion is calibrated right. The Pro has a better platform and Build plate. What happens with the wooden Creator is you spend money on making the platform solid, and slowly you creep up to the price of a Pro.
    Yep, having the wooden box I can concur that over time, and for me now nearly 3 years.. it gets noisy as hell. Things go loose, you spend alot of time tightening it all up again. I have had to modify my case significantly with foam inserts and all sorts of crap to dampen the noise because even just turned on and idling, the thing was noisier than a laser printer. Practically everything vibrates with a wooden case... and they do wobble a hell of alot.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Good to know. I'll be making a purchase after the (US) holiday next week. Looks more and more like I'm upping my budget yet again to get the Pro...