Close

Huxley Duo 3D Printer By RepRapPro

RepRapPro has just released their latest 3D printer kit for a machine they call the Huxley Duo. The Huxley Duo is available with the printed parts, in kit form for $454, or without the printed parts for $372 on the RepRapPro website. Below are some of the general specs for this new 3d printers: http://3dprint.com/25774/reprappro-huxley-duo/

• Build Envelope: 138x140x95mm
    • Printer Size: 260x280x280mm
    • Filament Type/Size: ABS, PLA, 1.75mm diameter thermoplastic.
    • Layer Accuracy: 0.1mm
    • Resolution: 0.0125mm

Let us know if you have purchased either kit, and how assembly went. More details on the Huxley Duo may be found here:

Engineer-in-Training
    I thought there were several reasons the "A" frame style has gone out of favor, including cost, assembly time, number of parts & flex. For development to still continue after they were more or less discontinued by everyone else a year and a half ago seems odd.
    Last edited by JRDM; 11-21-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Like my Huxley

I made a Huxley Duo and are happy with it.

Not too hard to assemble and to calibrate.
    The printbed I also fixed pretty fast, I had it covered with kaptan tape as in the instructions, but the prints didn't stick well, probably the temperature was not correct. I added Frogtape which works great.
    My fourth print was good. :-)

Still working on perfecting the settings as a beginner. But amazed to get printing that fast on my first homebuild 3D printer.