Close

Replicator 2 is up for Best Consumer 3D Printer

The MakerBot Replicator 2 is up for Best Consumer 3D Printer from the 3D Printshow Awards! Be sure to vote if you feel like it. http://mbot.co/1blxZYO

I am definitely a fan of this printer, and think it should win.

Student
    I'd like to see a show down between Replicator 2 and UP, not only regarding quality, but how it performs for inexperienced users.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    I'd like to see a show down between Replicator 2 and UP, not only regarding quality, but how it performs for inexperienced users.
    I would also like to see this. I've heard both are truly great printers, but I'd like to see them both printing the same items, to see speed, and quality compared.
    Ron

I vote for the Replicator 2X. Heads and shoulders above any other printer in its price range in my opinion. Great printer at a great price!

Student
    The Replicator 2 and the UP where tested in MAKE magazines big test, it's still worth a read even though there are more recent versions of both printers and their software now
    Unfortunately the PDF is not available for free anymore.

The UP (Affina H-Series) had the "best overall experience", easiest to set up and easiest to use (tied with cube).

Also the quality is very good, given the simple (but hassle free) presets.