Close

New MakerBot Colors for Filament

Looks like there are now 23 colors of MakerBot Filament. They have just added the following colors, which are available for purchase as of today:
    True Green
    Neon Green
    Neon Pink
    Neon Orange
    Sparkly Dark Blue
    Sparkly Dark Black

Here are some photos (the best I could find)

I would love to use the proper Makerbot colours for PLA, but they're ridiculously expensive to buy over here in Australia. 1 spool is around $80AUD, just due to shipping etc.

Banned
    I'm loving the Sparkly Dark Black. I think I'm gonna try a spool of it. Still haven't decided what I'll uprint with it though LOL.
    Maggie

For what it's worth, Faberdashery do a really good range of filament colours. Their sparkly blue is quite good a colour to use, I'm about to do a league of legends model in it for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by blissiictrl View Post
    For what it's worth, Faberdashery do a really good range of filament colours. Their sparkly blue is quite good a colour to use, I'm about to do a league of legends model in it for a friend
    Honestly, how does it compare to MakerBot's filament, quality wise?

I've been stoked with it. Never had a failed print using it, quality is top notch. Next time I'm on my desktop I'll add a few pictures of prints with their stuff. The only makerbot I use is natural because it came with my rep2, it's too expensive for me in Australia, but then again faberdashery on a per metre basis costs slightly more, but they sell by the metre so I just get what I need + 50%

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by blissiictrl View Post
    I've been stoked with it. Never had a failed print using it, quality is top notch. Next time I'm on my desktop I'll add a few pictures of prints with their stuff. The only makerbot I use is natural because it came with my rep2, it's too expensive for me in Australia, but then again faberdashery on a per metre basis costs slightly more, but they sell by the metre so I just get what I need + 50%
    I bought some off a mob in new zealand, http://store.3dprintingsystems.com they have some good specials on, and some good small volume specials. I bought thier 10x500g pack, as I wanted a good test but not be stuck with kilos of rubbish had it been bad quality, but they seem to have all the makerbot colours and the quality is pretty good I have to say. My only gripe was their "Sea Green" advertised as a Jade green glassy colour, ended up being matte finish british racing green.

Technician
    Add kennycoulter on Facebook Add kennycoulter on Google+
    I ordered mine more than a month ago, says the package shipped, but all I received was 1 out of 3 spools. Anyone else ever have that happen? Haven't had a response from makerbot yet.