Close

MicroCenter PowerSpec 3D Pro or X model?

Hey guys - first post to this forum and a 3D printing newbie. Sad to say that my teenage son bought himself an UP mini about 4-5 months ago but this will be my first one. Looking at the PowerSpec models as they seem to have great features and build volume for a very reasonable price. A couple of questions on the machine though I was hoping someone could help me out with.
    1 - It is my understanding that the Pro model - which comes with the plastic hood - is the newer of the two models. is that correct?
    2 - Does the Pro support Mac OS? The description on MicroCenter's website under the "X" model says it does, but the "Pro" model does not list it. That dosen't make much sense to me since I assume they use the same firmware.

Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to getting some great advice here on these forums!

Noone owns either of these yet?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Haha, nope. You should hang out in the FlashForge forum though. Last I checked my Microcenter just had the Powerspec Pro for 799. Do they have a cheaper X model?

Yes these are "mac" compatible but you will probably never need to connect directly to the machine, at least at the start. There is an SD card slot that you can transfer the .x3g files from Makerware to the machine.