Close

Michele Badia's New '1970's' and 'Cat-Eye' 3D Printed Glasses

We've covered 3D printable fashion by Michele Badia in the past. Whether it is his 3D printed shoes or his 3D printed lingerie, the man has what it take to be considered one of the better 3D printable fashion designers out there. He works for MyMiniFactory, and his latest products are two separate pairs of eyewear. His 1970's sunglasses and his cat-eye glasses are just what you need to turn the clock back to the 50's, 60's, or 70's. The 70's version is printed using carbon fiber filament and both pairs can be downloaded for free and printed on any FFF/FDM-based 3D printer. Read and see more at http://3dprint.com/24966/3d-printed-eye-glasses/

Below is a picture of the Cat-Eye glasses Badia has printed:

Cool custom sized lenses

Hello everyone,

I am new in the forum so first of all - HI!

I am a 3d printer user myself and designed 3D glasses, for which frames are printable, however my question is - how/where do I get custom sized lenses? Any color, from fully transparent ones to mirrored/colored.

Any advice anyone?

May the 3DPower be with you!
    zee.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    We've covered 3D printable fashion by Michele Badia in the past. Whether it is his 3D printed shoes or his 3D printed lingerie, the man has what it take to be considered one of the better 3D printable fashion designers out there. He works for MyMiniFactory, and his latest products are two separate pairs of eyewear. His 1970's sunglasses and his cat-eye glasses are just what you need to turn the clock back to the 50's, 60's, or 70's. The 70's version is printed using carbon fiber filament and both pairs can be downloaded for free and printed on any FFF/FDM-based 3D printer. Read and see more at http://3dprint.com/24966/3d-printed-eye-glasses/

Below is a picture of the Cat-Eye glasses Badia has printed:

Staff Engineer
    For prescription lenses, I'd say look at Zenni Optical. While you can't really get just bare lenses, the glasses they sell are so cheap that you can just recycle/repurpose the frames that you get with them and use the lenses in a new, printed frame.

For just tinted plastic lenses, you can get clear acrylic or clear PET sheets and use a vacuum table and a printed mold to give the lenses a curve. To make shades, Krylon and Rustoleum have glass tinting paints that are great for costume sunglasses. I've been looking for a spray-on mirror finish that will work on acrylic, with no luck so far (I'd love to get some help with that myself).

That's some great info, thank you Feign!
    Here is a quick preview of what I'm currently working on. 100% fitting onto my square head, lol.
    Cheers!
    zee.001-91.jpg

I get my sized lenses at https://www.smartbuyglasses.com/. I think they're good