Close

Engineer

Need replacement power supply fan

I bought one of these in February: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D7CWSCG

Lately the fan has been making some horrible noises, which more often than not stop when I tap on it. I think a bearing in the fan is going bad.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a replacement?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Are you looking for the fan specs or suggestions on where to find fans? I have a similar P/S, and it looks like it's a 70mm fan. If someone doesn't jump in with details, opening up the power supply might reveal a label on the fan that indicates what voltage it runs on, and you could measure how thick the fan is. Once you have that, Amazon, eBay, Mouser, or DigiKey should all have something that would work. Assuming it runs on 12V, it should be pretty easy to find a computer case fan that fits.

Engineer
    It's 60x15mm, the label says 14v DC 0.15A. Neither Mouser nor DigiKey have 14v DC fans. I'm hoping a 12v 0.12A or a 12v 0.16A will work though. The higher-amp one pushes a bit more air than the other.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    It's 60x15mm, the label says 14v DC 0.15A. Neither Mouser nor DigiKey have 14v DC fans. I'm hoping a 12v 0.12A or a 12v 0.16A will work though. The higher-amp one pushes a bit more air than the other.
    Good info. Would have never guessed at a 14V fan. The higher airflow might be noisier, but the fan would cycle off quicker.

Engineer
    Both are 37db. 0.12a pushes 19cfm, 0.16a pushes 21. Overkill?