Close

LulzBot TAZ 3 3D Printer is Announced

This is the latest generation of the LulyzBot TAZ 3d Printer. This 3rd generation printer looks pretty sweet!

It'll print in multiple materials
    Wood, polystyrene, plastic? Fantastic.

TAZ is one of the few desktop 3D printers that can print with more than just your run-of-the-mill plastic. Create with ABS, PLA, PVA, high-impact polystyrene, andwood filament. But don’t stop there. With add-ons, you can print with nylon and more.
    The price is $2,195.00 which isn't bad for a printer that can print in all 3 materials.

Here is a photo of it

Here are some details:

• Printing
      • Print Surface: Heated Borosilicate glass bed covered with PET film
      • Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in)
      • Print Volume: 20,500cm3 (1238 in3) of usable space
      • Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
      • Print Tolerance: 0.1mm (0.0039in) in X and Y axes. Z axis is dependent on layer thickness
      • Layer Thickness: 0.075mm to 0.35mm (0.003in - 0.0138in)
      • Supported Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, and wood filaments
      • Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1in)

• Physical Dimensions
      • Overall Dimensions: 680mm x 520mm x 515mm (26.8in x 20.5in x 20.3in)
      • Weight: 11kg (24.25lbs)

• Electrical
      • Power Requirements: 110 - 220 VAC
      • Temperature: Maximum operating temperature (Extruder), 240C (464F)
      • Temperature: Maximum operating temperature (Heated Bed), 120C (24

Your TAZ printer package includes:

• TAZ 3 3D printer and 24V power supply
    • Complete documentation including a detailed manual with information for setup, downloading and using software, and starting your first print. Also includes an in depth manual on using Slic3r software
    • Unpacking Guide
    • Filament Reel Holder
    • Filament Feed tube
    • Toolkit bag
    • 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
    • Pliers, Needle Nose
    • Tweezers
    • Standard Precision Knife
    • Dental Pick
    • Flathead Bristle Brush
    • Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
    • Metric Ruler
    • Acetone-safe Bottle (acetone not included)
    • No-Maintenance Budaschnozzle: 0.35mm Nozzle
    • 90 Day Warranty
    • 90 Day Support

Anyone considering purchasing one of these? I seriously am.

The price seems a bit steep to me. What makes this so much more expensive than the Replicator 2? Is it really that much better? Anyone know?

The price is lower than the Replicator 2X, so I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. It is also twice as fast as the Replicator 2X in printing, and has a print volumn over 3 times the size. I personally think it's a better deal, and a better printer.

Wow, I'm very impressed with the speed of this printer! Does anyone know if it's the fastest consumer printer out their? It's 2X's faster than the Replicator 2X, and I thought that was one of the top printers on the market.

Technologist American 3D Printing's Avatar
    Add American 3D Printing on Facebook Add American 3D Printing on Google+ Add American 3D Printing on Thingiverse
    I plan on visiting their factory later this week and seeing these first hand. If I like them I will get some for my store. They are around an hour, maybe hour and a half drive from my store. The 200mm/sec print speed seems awfully optimistic. I would want to see that first hand, and see what kind of quality you can get with that kind of speed.

Jeff, be sure to post what you think of them after your visit. I'm highly considering getting one of these. Photos/videos would be awesome if you can get any!