Hiya!

Some time back I consulted the maker of the Inmoov Robot Hairygael and asked him if it was feasible to make a smaller version of his robot, he said the servo's for the shoulders and things might be an issue as they wouldnt be powerful enough, but sure it might be possible..

Well, that was good enough for me I figured the smaller frame means a lighter load, which means less torque required for the servos, and luckily it's worked out so far. I started about trying to find the perfect scale for the inmoov that both my printer could print and I was comfortable working with electronics wise and hooking and threading all the tendons etc. I made one of the ?Inmoov finger starter kits, which is just one finger and a servo, which gives you a good idea of how to build the fingers and what to do and what not to.. how loose, tight... servo centering etc... it's a good starter.

Anyway, cut a long story short, many test prints later, I managed to pump out the hand and forearm and they work really well, once this demo program is finished i'll post a video.

Why do a smaller one? It's cheaper basically The servos are cheap, the parts are faster to print - so once the scale is set you just stick to that rule, which in my case is 64%.

All the parts are scaled down to 64% - thats it. I did need to model some new servo horn-pulleys because there just was no fitting the other ones even after rescaling, but other than that - this is not a hard one to do, it's just time consuming threading all the fingers and getting the tension right.

I will keep updating this thread with the progress of it. I am not really keen on the design of the Inmoov Head, so I think I might see about making something else for the head neck and torso, but the hand design he made is fantastic.

photo 4 (4).jpgphoto 2 (7).jpgjr1.jpgmetal.JPG