Close

Thread: Dremel

Dremel

New guy here. Purchased the Dremel printer, and for the last few days things have gone very well. piece of cake to set up. was printing one of the sample files in about 20 minutes. ran into a little trouble this evening printing some cylinders. I printed two, or rather one and a half since I stopped the print as there was no point going any further. I have attached a photo of both pieces. it appears that whenever the extruder head pauses for a second or so at the circumference the blob is generated. any thoughts. going to give dremel a call in the morning....i guess I will find out how their tech support is.

Any help I appreciated

joeIMAG0046.jpg

Does the software that it comes with allow you to tune the settings at all? It looks like you're getting ooze and your temperature is too high. You could try increasing retraction length and/or lowering your temperature. Most FDM printers also have an issue printing tall narrow objects, like a single cylinder. The print head spends too much time in the same area, not giving an given layer enough time to cool, giving messy prints. Printing two side-by-side solves that particular problem.

The software that comes with it gives you three quality settings and that's about it (aside from move, resize, reposition, etc...). Like you said, the side-by-side printing would probably solve his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    The software that comes with it gives you three quality settings and that's about it (aside from move, resize, reposition, etc...). Like you said, the side-by-side printing would probably solve his problem.
    Actually that is what I thought at first as well, but under preferences it allowed you to change the print settings from beginner to advanced and all print, temp, head settings, fill and so on are available under about a total of 5tabs. nine the less I did try to decrease the temp but that did not work. I did decrease fill by 5 percent and that did the trick.

Now, if I can just find software I like (mostly for generating small parts) I would be set. I miss typical cad commands like stretch.

Joe

Yeah, I figured that out too (posted it in another thread on this forum).

Have you tried Blender? That's what I've settled on for now. Lot of good tutorials for it on their site and online as well.

i looked at it. i was not picking it up as fast as i hoped. im currently using cubify. maybe I should give blender another shot