Close

Engineer

Zinter Pro 3D Printer

This is a new printed I just stumbled upon, and I have to say it looks pretty cool. The Zinter Pro is produced by Ion Core Technologies. The Zinter sales page can be found here:
    http://www.ioncoretechnology.com/zinter/zinter-pro/. This machine will set you back 2,350 pounds, and will need a order lead time of approximately 10 weeks.

Here are just some quick specs on the printer which does look rather futuristic in my opinion:
    Printing

• Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication Method
    • Build Volume: 20cm x 20cm x 20cm
    • Heated Bed
    • Enclosed Environment
    • Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
    • Number of Extruders: 2
    • Nozzle Diameter: 2 x 0.4mm
    • Materials Utilized: ABS, Nylon, PLA, PVA, PC

Engineer
    looks like it belongs in a medical lab

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Nothing very special besides looking pretty for that price sorry.

Engineer
    Yeah it seems as though there are a ton of printers all coming out with the same basic specs for the same basic price. The big players with the marketing budgets are the ones which will win out unless a company can really differentiate themselves.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Yeah it seems as though there are a ton of printers all coming out with the same basic specs for the same basic price. The big players with the marketing budgets are the ones which will win out unless a company can really differentiate themselves.
    For me, that Zinter pro works out at $4338.95..

All it has on top of my cheap import which was around $1200... is 5cm height and 5cm more depth and an enclosure, which I just could not justify with that price tag. Furthermore, they use the uncommon term for its method as Fused Filament Fabrication Method, which is basically a stock standard additive method, which we all pretty much have on our printers unless you are a lucky one with a DLP or better 3d printer that does something other than melt plastic So yeah, make it look fancy, give it fancy terminology and it might suck a few in like the Cube has.

Engineer
    looks kinda like a display case at a jewlery store or something.

Looks like "The Claw"? You know, those machines in the arcades where you put in your money, move the arm around and try and pick up a prize.

I must admit this printer looks awesome, but according to the Specs, its nothing really all that special.