Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Flashforge owners are reporting very good printing results from their machines. it is more that a Replicator 1 clone, it has some upgrades over the original Replicator. I love that frog print! I might try to print some miniatures after the holidays.

IMG_0443.jpg

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Flashforge owners are reporting very good printing results from their machines. it is more that a Replicator 1 clone, it has some upgrades over the original Replicator. I love that frog print! I might try to print some miniatures after the holidays.

IMG_0443.jpg
    I'd be more inclined to say a makerbot 2, 2 heads, identical size, identical resolution, identical build area, dual head - but can do ABS and PLA, whereas the makerbot 2 cant to ABS.

The Replicator 2 has no HBP and is designed primarily as a PLA Printer. The Replicator 2X has a HBP and was designed primarily as a ABS Printer. People are having a lot of problems with their 2X when they try to print PLA? Something about the extruder on the 2X?

I would never buy another printer with no HBP that could not print at least ABS and PLA? I don't have one, but for ~$1000.00 less, I would seriously consider the Flash Forge over a Replicator 2. PS, We love our modified MakerBot modified Replicator XL. It has a dual extruder but after a few novelty prints when we first got it, we have never used them both on the same print. Just my .02

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    The Replicator 2 has no HBP and is designed primarily as a PLA Printer. The Replicator 2X has a HBP and was designed primarily as a ABS Printer. People are having a lot of problems with their 2X when they try to print PLA? Something about the extruder on the 2X?

I would never buy another printer with no HBP that could not print at least ABS and PLA? I don't have one, but for ~$1000.00 less, I would seriously consider the Flash Forge over a Replicator 2. PS, We love our modified MakerBot modified Replicator XL. It has a dual extruder but after a few novelty prints when we first got it, we have never used them both on the same print. Just my .02
    The PLA problem comes from the myth that PLA needs to be melted at 60c. I have PLA that won't extrude until 200c.. it all depends on the filament, I do not have 2 rolls that behave the same.

Where does it say to extrude PLA at 60c? The HBP (if you have one) should be set to ~60c for PLA and the extruder should be set to ~220c. We usually extrude PLA around 210-220 on our Prusas. We may need a new topic for this as we are muddying this one?

Last edited by JohnA136; 12-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    that would be on page 1....

Quote Originally Posted by he3d View Post
    what kind of hardware that you are using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoddball View Post
    WOW! That is brilliant! What hardware are you using?

Brilliant!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It's a flashforge creator

PLA doesnt stick to kapton tape very well.. You would need to put some painters tape of some sort if you want to print PLA on your Makerbot 2X

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Merko View Post
    PLA doesnt stick to kapton tape very well.. You would need to put some painters tape of some sort if you want to print PLA on your Makerbot 2X
    PLA sticks fine, if not better on Kapton tape than ABS does for me.

I have a fairly opposite experience, blue painters tape to me, for lack of a better word is crap. Nothing sticks to it, the heat doesn't penetrate it very well from the heatbed.. I prefer to just change my kapton tape every few months and have a very nice clear shiny finish on my objects. If you are after a good finish and are printing raftless, kapton wins hands down for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12