Close

How to increase the resolution of the part?

I just purchased a PowerSpec 3D Pro Printer. I am not sure how to get the resolution better and get the ABS to be more consistent when being extruded. I have included pictures to show the bottom and a couple of sides with "sloppy" corners. Is this something that can be adjusted or is it the quality of the printer?

Thanks....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add GameProps on Facebook Add GameProps on Thingiverse
    It sounds like a calibration issue to be honest, but resolution can depend on a few things imo, from travel speed to temperature. I have a friend that does most of my printing for me with a FDM printer, and he does it so well you really have to look close to see the print lines.

What calibration should I be looking at?

Add GameProps on Facebook Add GameProps on Thingiverse
    Calibration, is kind of like putting a new ink cartridge in a printer, the printer wants to make a test sheet. It's for you to look better at errors, layer height, etc. For the resolution and sloppy corners like I mentioned travel speed and temp. can be factors in that.

Engineer
    Seems like a backlash issue with inconsistent xy positionning.

I have noticed the table I have the printer on shakes, so I am going to move to a table with less movement. Is it better to go with a thicker layer and higher temperature for ABS? I will try to slow the travel speed done and increase the temperature.