Close

Makergear M2 software....learning ahead of time?

I should have my hands on a Makergear M2 software. Can I start messing with the software now? Which software do makergear use?

Engineer
    you can use whatever slicer you want really. many use slic3r and pronterface. i have an m2 myself and i use the creator software from simplify3d. that is the one makergear recommends. if you dont mind paying for it, it is a fantastic app. you dont need 2 separate programs. its all in one, work great and its constantly being improved on. v2.0 was recently released and it came with alot of cool new features.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    you can use whatever slicer you want really. many use slic3r and pronterface. i have an m2 myself and i use the creator software from simplify3d. that is the one makergear recommends. if you dont mind paying for it, it is a fantastic app. you dont need 2 separate programs. its all in one, work great and its constantly being improved on. v2.0 was recently released and it came with alot of cool new features.
    is there a big difference in slicers in terms of print quality?

I just downloaded kissslicer and am messing around with it.

Engineer
    i think as time goes on they get closer and closer in terms of print quality. they all handle things slightly different though. everyone has their preference. creator is nice because you dont need a separate printer interface. its all combined into one. another plus for you being a m2 owner is many of the m2 community uses creator so there will always be help in getting everything tuned right and getting all your settings correct for different materials.

I see thanks for the help jimc!