Close

Printer Hardware Help: Extrusion Head Hitting Parts

I have a Da Vinci 1.0 printer that recently has been warping parts very badly. When watching prints I note that the print head has been dragging on or actually impacting the parts. I have been in constant contact with customer support: tightened belts, lubed bearings, double checked stls etc. I've heard that this can be a normal issue with printers but am starting to get annoyed with the wasted filament. Has anyone else had and resolved this issue with their printer?

Engineer
    Well , yup, I did solved couple of issue because of this. Mine was caused from loose screw cause by constant vibration of the printer. I had the nozzle slightly off by a couple of mm which was enough to run into the print.

But that being said, you need to confirm where is the origin of the trouble. That will help you a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    Well , yup, I did solved couple of issue because of this. Mine was caused from loose screw cause by constant vibration of the printer. I had the nozzle slightly off by a couple of mm which was enough to run into the print.

But that being said, you need to confirm where is the origin of the trouble. That will help you a lot.
    I was having calibration issues due to buildup on the calibration head, but really deep cleaning the head helped. I was still getting wild calibration fluctuations but tightening the belts seemed to fix that, but I'm still getting poor quality parts. I'm definitely hearing some vibration when the print head cart is moving down the rails but I'm not sure where it its coming from.