Close

Aleph Objects' New FlexyDually & Dual Extruder Toolheads Announced

Today Aleph Objects has announced the release of two new tool heads for their TAZ line of 3D Printers. The Dual Extruder can print with two different materials or two separate colors. It is priced just under $500. The FlexyDually tool head is similar to the Dual Extruder but it allows for the printing of flexible filament from one of the extruders. The Dual Extruder provides .35mm nozzles for finer printing, while the FlexyDually provides .5mm nozzles. Read and see more about this at: http://3dprint.com/23467/lulzbot-dua...r-flexydually/

Engineer-in-Training
    $500 is a *lot* of money for a dual Wade's/Greg's derivative extruder. I'd much prefer something without 3D printed gears, for one. Wade's Greg's are designed to be cheap, but they don't look that professional or impressive anymore, in my opinion.

I don't believe it should be necessary to have separate extruders for flexi and rigid. The main issue is not giving any room for the filament to kink. That plan also works fine for rigid filaments.
    Last edited by JRDM; 11-06-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Staff Engineer
    And putting those hot extruders into a 3D printed piece of thermoplastic and expecting it not to distort is just dumb, sorry.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    $500 is a *lot* of money for a dual Wade's/Greg's derivative extruder. I'd much prefer something without 3D printed gears, for one. Wade's Greg's are designed to be cheap, but they don't look that professional or impressive anymore, in my opinion.

I don't believe it should be necessary to have separate extruders for flexi and rigid. The main issue is not giving any room for the filament to kink. That plan also works fine for rigid filaments.
    Agreed on this one, $500 is an absurd amount of money for this, particularly for something that isn't very innovative.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    And putting those hot extruders into a 3D printed piece of thermoplastic and expecting it not to distort is just dumb, sorry.
    The barrel is supposed to be much cooler at the top, but they don't appear to use a fan that would reduce the risk of problems.