Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer

WW2 3d printed 100lb bomb

just wanted to share something i recently finished up. i modeled this in rhino and designed all the parts to be easily 3d printable. this is 3/4 scale and measures almost 30" long. other than the rivets and the piece of 3/8" stainless rod this is entirely 3d printed in abs. its solvent bonded together, primed, painted, faux finish and a matte clearcoat put on it. i always use automotive paint for everything.

IMG_6157.jpgIMG_6155.jpgIMG_6146.jpgIMG_6160.jpg

Engineer
    Wow man, Im jealous. That's great, I hope to be able to make thing's look that nice someday. Is this available to download?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    wow! top finishing job mate, that's spectacular!

Also I've asked Brian and Eddie to not post the 3D print board ones in this gallery, if you look at the thread the entire first page is practically thier redirects, so hopefully we can get this section back to actual users posting things that they have printed.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer
    thank you guys! in all fairness i do this stuff for a living. custom paint and airbrush cars , motorcycles, etc. yes geoff i saw that when i went into that section. it was nothing but admin posts. as for the model, i have not put it up for download yet. i might do that soon.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    thank you guys! in all fairness i do this stuff for a living. custom paint and airbrush cars , motorcycles, etc. yes geoff i saw that when i went into that section. it was nothing but admin posts. as for the model, i have not put it up for download yet. i might do that soon.
    Well, you do do it well I only am a hobby painter, people say oh wow you're a good painter" and I see these things like you've done and I think.. lol no way, I suck... these guys are the good painters.

Engineer
    wow geoff i really appreciate that. well you do a heck of a job with your movie character model. that is a type of modeling i havent gotten into.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Just a mis-spent youth playing inside making model helicopters, tanks and battleships as a kid rather than being outside playing football

Engineer
    haha i hear that

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Jimc, could you email me with more details on this? I'd love to consider a story on 3DPrint.com. My email is 3dprintdotcom@gmail.com
    Thanks!

Looks real to me.. neato... yea that would get the bomb squad there in a hurry lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast