Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Probably an annual sweepstake for the postie who delivers the package furthest from the actual address :-)
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    March 11, 2015 , 8:33 am Out for Delivery WAUKESHA, WI 53186

• On Time
    • Expected Delivery Day: Wednesday, March 11, 2015
    Dumbfounded. I am just dumbfounded. The package was sent Priority Mail 2-Day. Left March 5, 2015. Going (hopefully) to be delivered today, March 11th. 6 days later for a 2-day package and they declare it "On Time". <facepalm> Again.

So, it looks like the one from California might just arrive. So far its the only one of the three to show any movement toward Wisconsin. So, anyone betting on the 3rd package, California package, you win. Apparently. We will see if the truck can find its way here today. Its entirely possible with the way things are going, the truck and its driver just might decide to take it to Kansas or something.

Still, nothing has been or is showing signs of being delivered from GlobalFSD. Nothing. One deliverd to someone else. One stuck in Chicago since arriving from England 5 days ago.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    It's weird. I've sent alot of stuff to the states, and recieved afair bit from them. never had any problems. Most things take 4-7 days. With one package at christmas taking 2 weeks and arriving christmas eve.
    Also send stuff to canada regularly, again never had any issues.
    Well there was the one parcel that got forgotten in a corner of my sisters local post office for a few months - but they owned up to that one.

But I use standard post, not a courier firm. Oh yeah and I always lie on the customs form. No matter what i send I put: 'confectionery and childs toy' on the not unreasonable grounds that it covers everything you can eat or play with :-)
    Well you don't want to bother the customs people with unnecessary details do you ? ;-)

I have even managed to send greenery to california !
    Yep fresh bayleaves picked from my tree and vacumn packed. And completely illegal :-) was quite proud of that one lol

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    It's weird. I've sent alot of stuff to the states, and recieved afair bit from them. never had any problems. Most things take 4-7 days. With one package at christmas taking 2 weeks and arriving christmas eve.
    Also send stuff to canada regularly, again never had any issues.
    Well there was the one parcel that got forgotten in a corner of my sisters local post office for a few months - but they owned up to that one.

But I use standard post, not a courier firm. Oh yeah and I always lie on the customs form. No matter what i send I put: 'confectionery and childs toy' on the not unreasonable grounds that it covers everything you can eat or play with :-)
    Well you don't want to bother the customs people with unnecessary details do you ? ;-)

I have even managed to send greenery to california !
    Yep fresh bayleaves picked from my tree and vacumn packed. And completely illegal :-) was quite proud of that one lol
    God forbid we should cloud the issue with facts Good grief, admitting to smuggling bay leaves in an open forum. What were you thinking.

I too have received many shipments from overseas from Lasers to Disney Pins. Most have resulted in quick delivery, usually couple days and I would think the average has been around 3. Never more than a week let alone two. Just sucks to be me right now.

But, hey, I felt much better after running a couple boxes of ammo at the range. Brought the 10yr old granddaughter along and had some nice quality time with her. Helped me to unwind and simply accept that the situation isn't going to be resolved in a way where I win and get my filaments. I am left with ordering full spools one at a time I guess.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol it's a fair cop gov.

Fingers crossed for you - there's some fun filament in that lot.

Engineer-in-Training
    Package arrived. A bit mangled but intact. So I guess this confirms that 6 days is considered ON TIME for USPS.

So, got a new toy. Got some white ABS. And got some PVA. Now I gotta get the flexi extruder on the dual head converted to a standard head so I can print sumptin

Technician
    California package wins!! Now if only I can do that at the track!!

6 days on a 2 day package, I think they might of got a hold of aardvarks fresh bay leaves

I went looking a little yesterday for anyone that did sample lots in the USA, but didn't have much luck (I'm sure you've done so as well). If I run across anything, I will let you know.

Engineer-in-Training

Thumbs up

Final update as I have totally given up receiving anything at all from GlobalFSD and will find other means of acquiring filament.

Second package from them arrived in Chicago on 3/7/2015. So says Royal Mail.

Date & Time Status of Item Location
    March 12, 2015 , 8:58 pm Arrived at USPS Facility CHICAGO, IL 60701
    March 9, 2015 , 12:31 pm Processed Through Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
    Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

So, in 5 days, its moved...nowhere.

First package, still in Georgia in someoneelse's hands. Probably completely confused as to what the heck it is. Nice that the people who received my package have notified...nobody that its not theirs. Free stuff I guess.

In the last week, I have received packages from MatterHackers, two boxes from Precision Reloading, two from Freedom Munitions, a box from Starline Brass and a box from Hornady to the same address. The company has received dozens of inbound packages as well (not to me personally), some from overseas (asia I think). So, clearly its not the address.

I don't know what has cursed this transaction, but something has.

I have had no communication from GFSD here since 3/6, by email since 3/10. And neither indicated they were doing or planned to do anything to deal with the situation.

So, enjoy the thread. Caveat emptor.

Peace.
    Out.

Follow GlobalFSD On Twitter Add GlobalFSD on Facebook

Apologies

Hi Wolfie

Apologies that you have not heard from us in a few days. Hassan has been at the TCT Asia show and i could not find the login details for the forum, Duh!!

It has been a frustrating time for both you and GFSD, as we have dispatched quite a few packages to the United States. Especially as both of the packages as you know were sent via a tracked service, the follow up package included your bamboofill and Easywood coconut

I would say go ahead and order again, as you obviously have no problems receiving mail Just wait a little while before you do as we are still waiting on our Bronzefill and Copperfill + XT-CF20 from colorFabb, was ordered 2 weeks ago! Even the greats can get it wrong.

In the meantime we have initiated a full refund, which you should have received by now.

Regards

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Final update as I have totally given up receiving anything at all from GlobalFSD and will find other means of acquiring filament.

Second package from them arrived in Chicago on 3/7/2015. So says Royal Mail.

Date & Time Status of Item Location
    March 12, 2015 , 8:58 pm Arrived at USPS Facility CHICAGO, IL 60701
    March 9, 2015 , 12:31 pm Processed Through Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
    Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

So, in 5 days, its moved...nowhere.

First package, still in Georgia in someoneelse's hands. Probably completely confused as to what the heck it is. Nice that the people who received my package have notified...nobody that its not theirs. Free stuff I guess.

In the last week, I have received packages from MatterHackers, two boxes from Precision Reloading, two from Freedom Munitions, a box from Starline Brass and a box from Hornady to the same address. The company has received dozens of inbound packages as well (not to me personally), some from overseas (asia I think). So, clearly its not the address.

I don't know what has cursed this transaction, but something has.

I have had no communication from GFSD here since 3/6, by email since 3/10. And neither indicated they were doing or planned to do anything to deal with the situation.

So, enjoy the thread. Caveat emptor.

Peace.
    Out.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast