Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Sigh..Still sitting in Kennedy New York (assume thats JFK Apt). Been there going on a week now. Swear it would take less time to smuggle a dirty bomb into the us in sacks of coffee beans. Cripes. It moved 1/4 the way around the globe in a day. Hasn't moved across the parking lot in New York in a week. Must be a union shop there.

02/03/15 22:28 RECEIVED AT OEKENNEDY NEW YORK KENNEDY NEW YORK
    27/02/15 AM DESPATCHED TOKENNEDY NEW YORK UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    26/02/15 23:58 RECEIVEDUNKNOWN BAG - MISSING DUN HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC
    26/02/15 20:05 DESPATCHABLE TOHEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC CHELMSFORD MAIL CENTRE
    26/02/15 20:00 COLLECTED CHELMSFORD MAIL CENTRE

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    26/02/15 23:58 RECEIVEDUNKNOWN BAG
    that line makes me laugh........

but a month sitting in customs???? that's bordering ludicrous!

Engineer-in-Training
    Week. Not month. Feb 27 to Mar 2. Remember, this is coming from England so the dates are euro dates, DD/MM/YY format.

Yea, the unknown bag thing made be chuckle too. Gotta love Brit humor.

Technician
    guess I still had a tear in my eye from laughing at the unknown bag lol either way they need to get you your filament

Engineer-in-Training
    I agree. Its not GobalFSD thats dragging their feet. Its the shipper..or customs. At least that I can tell. According to the tracking they put it in the mail the following day after I ordered it. Can't really expect much faster to be honest.

When I ordered my 50w CO2 laser from China, it was here in 4 days and it was freakin huge. Think the crate was 6' long and 4' wide and probably 4' tall.

I mean its all out there in this post. Yall can see when I ordered it. Will post when it finally arrives.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    These are good guys to deal with.

Apart from the porolay gel, I've got all those other filaments. You're going to have fun :-)

International shipping is brutal !
    It's even more expensive to ship from the states to the uk than from the uk to the states.
    That said they do seem to be using the top end of the postal range.
    I shipped 5.5 lbs to the states in december for about $65 - All your samples together with the packing can't be more than half a pound.
    That said, I use untracked airmail, I think it was an extra £20 ($35) for the tracked.

Like I said, it's brutal. And believe it or not it's almost as expensive to ship from the states to canada - and that doesn't need to go airmail.

This is the only reason I haven't bought a roll or two of the polymakr polyflex - by the time I've paid tax and postage the cost per roll has doubled.

Shipping cost for the uk by globalfsd are pretty good. But that doesn't help you foreigners :-)
    (everyone is a foreigner somewhere)

Technician
    wolfie - hate to say this but its not easy to lose a 6x4' crate. Hopefully they didn't lose you filament.

I ordered some line lasers from China, think I had them with in a week. Maybe it was the company I went through,but shipping was very reasonable, $5 maybe?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@radeuslabs View Post
    wolfie - hate to say this but its not easy to lose a 6x4' crate. Hopefully they didn't lose you filament.

I ordered some line lasers from China, think I had them with in a week. Maybe it was the company I went through,but shipping was very reasonable, $5 maybe?
    You would be surprised to find out, its been done.

Speaking of line lasers. I was shopping for some last month (anticipating the Taz). Where did you get yours and are you happy? Might be better to PM me and not OT the thread. One of the projects I have planned is a fixture for my laser to hold 2 line lasers at 90 deg apart to form a cross and the dot at a 45 to indicate focus point.

Technician
    PM has been sent

Engineer-in-Training
    Update.

Well, after digging around on the the UK's tracking site...seems once it gets here, I have to track it on USPS' site. Sigh. Something a little clearer on the tracking page would have been nice rather than several clicks down in some FAQ sort of stuff. So now that its in the hands of the USPS...well, who knows.

It went from wherever GlobalFSD is to their post, through Heathrow to New York in 18hrs. It took a day to get from NY to NJ. Then it sat there for 6hrs and then left. It left on Mar 3rd. It left New Jersey 4 DAYS ago Presumably being carried by a 70yr old mailman and a backpack walking here. Sigh. I could have driven TO New Jersey from Wisconsin, picked it up, and BACK to Wisconsin in this amount of time.

GlobalFSD sent me another package containing some more goodies on Mar 6th It made it to CHICAGO in about 16hrs and is there this morning. At least its 800mi closer than the one in New Jersey is I am guessing USPS is getting their paws on it just now "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" as thats what USPS tracking reports. Bet it gets here before the first package does

I ordered a dual extruder (and some other goodies) for my Taz on the 5th. USPS says "Departed USPS Facility" yesterday morning from California. Think I will start an office pool on Monday to see which package arrives first. Winner gets a 3D printed USPS logo on the side of a pack mule.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast