Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - Now that's some good customer service. I might dive in and grab up some samples myself :-)

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by GOC View Post
    - Now that's some good customer service. I might dive in and grab up some samples myself :-)
    My thoughts as well. I would much rather do business with someone who gives a darn about the customer as well as their own bottom line that someone who is purely motivated by the bottom line.

I fully get that they are in business and expect to make a profit. More power to em! A lot of us are quick to voice out dissatisfaction with a company or their service. But when they treat a customer right, well, ya gotta shout that out too. As I said, I am as quick to praise as I am to complain, its only fair.

Shipping from overseas isn't cheap, I get that too. They had wrong data in the system, been there done that myself. I hadn't yet contacted them (was planning on it) and they took the time to pop in here (probably registered specifically to post in this thread given the number of posts on their account and a join date of Feb 2015) and make things right before I even had a chance to compose up an email to them. Talking about nipping it in the bud

They are providing a great service to people like me who just want a little of this or a little of that just to see how it works. I wish them all the best and really hope they expand their already quite expansive library of filaments. I also urge them to perhaps consider larger sizes of their products as well. I can see lots of folks needing an amount of a specific filament (say something like t-Glase) for a build but don't want or need a whole spool, just 10m or 20m. I think that would be a nice niche to cater to as well.

Follow GlobalFSD On Twitter Add GlobalFSD on Facebook
    Hi Wolfie & GOC,

You are right -we certainly do care about our customers & enabling the 3D printing community as much as possible. We hope you have a great experience with all your new 3D filament samples! Let us know how you get on. Thank you once again for your purchase and we hope to see you again soon Follow us & like us to keep updated with new our sample arrivals!

Many thanks, GlobalFSD.

Technician
    Good to know they are taking care of you. Now if only they had a distributor in the states to offset the ship $$ and travel time.

Could you post your opinions of the SemiFlex and Filaflex when you get a chance? Those filaments have me curious.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@radeuslabs View Post
    Good to know they are taking care of you. Now if only they had a distributor in the states to offset the ship $$ and travel time.

Could you post your opinions of the SemiFlex and Filaflex when you get a chance? Those filaments have me curious.
    Well, so far I have received nothing. No tracking number. No refund. No Filament. Yet.

And yes, I can post back with the results I get when I get the filaments

Yea, I do wish they had a state side companion. At this time I have found no other outlet that does short runs like they do. Usually its a whole spool or nothing or perhaps specific samples bundled like MakerGeeks but thats about it for us over here.

On another note, I tested out some Flex EcoPLA from MakerGeeks. It printed very well using my standard Direct Drive Hexagon hot end on my Taz 5 (NOT the flexi-struder). It held decent details and flowed well. The cleanup after to change filaments was a breeze. I had good adhesion to the PEI bed using no adhesion agent (juice, tape, etc). I am at work so I don't have access to my settings but I can post those when I get home if they are of interest. From memory, I think I printed the test piece at .2mm layers.

The stuff is stiffer than NinjaFlex and nowhere as stretchy. It kinda reminds me of the rubber on top of the joysticks of premium Xbox controllers. Its a little squishy and it has a very tactile texture that seems not to be very slippery but its not what I would call anti-skid though. But it would be good for grip material on things like triggers, joysticks, buttons, bike handles and gun grips. I really need to get a dual head for my Taz and see how things like these do when dual printed with ABS. Think I will order the dual head over lunch today.

Technician
    Not sure how I would take the fact that I haven't received any information about my order (other than the charge). Especially with the conversation(s) you have had. Hope you get some information soon. And thanks in advance.

I agree, dropping $60 just to try something out is not the best marketing ploy. If I run across any short run suppliers I will let you know. I've not been printing long so I am still weeding out suppliers myself.

My boss was eyeballing the EcoFlex, but we have not picked any up yet. Good to know the clean up was nice and simple. Thanks for the info on the "feel" of the stuff. might have to check it out.

As far as your settings, don't go out of your way. We have a lot of filament to play with (none of which is EcoFlex) and I would hate to have you dig for something I wouldn't be using for awhile. That being said, if things change, you might be getting another message lol.

Engineer-in-Training
    Well, I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I posted a contact email form on their site. Didn't take long but at least I got a notice from paypal that the partial refund had happened. So, there is movement. Still no confirmation number which is specifically why I selected that particular shipping method. Coming from overseas, I wanted to be able to find out where/when it would arrive. Boy, the waiting is maddening. Its like I am 8yr old again and its the week before Christmas but you don't quite know when Christmas is going to happen

Technician
    Woot movement. That's a decent first step. There's been a couple of times I've placed orders and haven't got a confirmation until after a got the product...waste of paying the extra cost. I can't even remember how I was at 8 years old around Christmas lol.

Engineer-in-Training
    Think there has been an email SNAFU somewhere. I haven't gotten any emails from them but I get others to the same domain. Not sure whats happening Got a PM here with a tracking number. And its in New York already! Probably stuck in customs knowing our government. According to the tracking it was posted on the 26th. My paypal receipt shows the order was on the 25th so its been in transit all this time (plus/minus a day for them to pack and pickup). And its being shipped by "Royal Mail". I feel so upper crust now Tea and crumpets anyone?

Technician
    woot!! now if customs will just process it quickly!! Just don't go changing your name to sir wolfie

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast